Help!

mainemazdaguy

:
00 mazda protege LX
Alright first i wanna say hi! I am new to the forum and new to Mazda. I bought a 2000 Mazda Protege from a guy and upon other things im finding a lot wrong with it. The newest thing is something to do with the electronics. I'm at a lost since i dont know much about Mazdas.

So this is what the car is doing. The other night i unhooked the battery to hook up the power wire for my amp. When i reconnected the battery the car wouldnt start. I hooked up jumpers and let it sit for 20 minutes and i had nothing. My voltmeter showed 9.8 volts. (I bought and hooked up a voltmeter because my last car (a VW) had a number of issues and most of them were centered around the battery. so to be safe i bought one and hooked it up) The next morning i woke up early went outside and tried to push start the car, It wouldnt go. after the third try i gave up and decided to try the jumpers again. I hooked everything up and it fired right up. Ran great until about twenty minutes ago. I went out to listen to a song using a new music player for my phone and it was fine everything turned on. I decided i was going to move it over to where i was going to be working and turned the key and got nothing. I did notice that there is a clicking sound coming from the glove box and it might not have anything to do with it but when i pressed the clutch in all power went from the dash.
Im not sure what the problem is and im hoping someone else has had the same issue or similar issue enough to clue me in towards the direction i need to fix it. I was told that the battery is old and its at the top of my list of things to replace among other things but i need to be able to drive to and from work and not worry if the car is going to start or not. My VW the ignition switch went and it only started when it wanted to until i replaced it which wasnt very long after i figured out what was wrong with it.

After this post i will be starting my build thread. Not so much a build but im going to make it fun for myself to drive. so stay tuned :D

thanks in advance for any help with this issue.

wow, 57 views and not a single comment. Well the good news is im almost certain that the issue is the battery, the bad news is that im not really impressed with 57 views and not a single comment. Might be finding myself a different forum.

Back