Help!!!

nbk6kp10

Hi, all

I really wish someone can give me some input on the problem I'm having as I'm pretty new to this turbo thing. My car has been running fine for the longest time, but out of no where my car is now losing power with some weird sound coming out from end of the exhaust but it only happen under boost. I do have a boost gauge and the boost seems to be fine(18 psi). The only mods I have is a Cobb intake and Hypertech tuning. I have checked all hoses and clams, and I'm pretty sure is not a leak. I have let 2 mechanics to take a looked at my car, but they are not sure why either. Could it be the turbo??? Wastegate??? or Actuator?? Please please please...any input will help. I've recorded a sound clip with me sitting inside the car.

Thank you very much.

View attachment sound.mp3

I really dont hear anything wrong. Minus the fact that your car needs an exhaust :p but in all seriousness, i have no idea what your talking about. Can you say at which point in the sound clip it happens. Like what time marker can you hear this sound you are talking about.

Only thing I can hear is the turbo spooling on the last rev up - Mine sounds the same way with a cobb SRI. Maybe timing is being pulled for some reason.

OP: Have someone with a scan tool connected to the OBD2 port and data log or monitor out on the highway under engine load. Dash Hawk is most commonly used on this forum, but your mechanic buddies probably have or have access to some other brand. The data collected from the OBD2 port through your sensors will probably point you to the problem. The sound clip doesn't do much for me, sorry.

My take on the sound your describing is the woosh towards the end correct?? IF that is what your referring to you are just hearing the BPV start to open and then close because your still on HG and not under load (boost) it's normal...now from what I gather you are running the COBB SRI tune correct? on the hypertech? if you are! there is YOUR problem...read up on my complaint about the COBB tune when it was released, I had NOTHING but problems...run the CPE nano tune and see how it reacts and if you like the NEW response?? then sell your COBB and get yourself a CPE NANO and call it a day...cuz that's what I did and haven't had ANY issues with drivability or weirdness from the speed...but with COBB everything was WRONG!

Hi, all

I really wish someone can give me some input on the problem I'm having as I'm pretty new to this turbo thing. My car has been running fine for the longest time, but out of no where my car is now losing power with some weird sound coming out from end of the exhaust but it only happen under boost. I do have a boost gauge and the boost seems to be fine(18 psi). The only mods I have is a Cobb intake and Hypertech tuning. I have checked all hoses and clams, and I'm pretty sure is not a leak. I have let 2 mechanics to take a looked at my car, but they are not sure why either. Could it be the turbo??? Wastegate??? or Actuator?? Please please please...any input will help. I've recorded a sound clip with me sitting inside the car.

Thank you very much.

View attachment 183274

Back