Help!

bamflee84

Hello,

Here is my dilemma. I have a 03 protege sedan, that has the upgraded, racing beat sway bar, awr adjustable endlinks, axr clunk fix bracket with the energy suspension bushings. Aslo using tokico blues/ hp with eibach pro kit.

I have had the tokico and eibachs on since i bought the car new, i have 41000 miles on it and never had noise from them. Once i got the racing beat sway bar i got that clunk but the axr bracket fix that, now the clunk has come back and worse then ever. Sounds like the strut is broken.

I have been under that car and tighten everything up, from the new brackets, bushings, endlinks, top of the struts under the rear deck and nothing is loose. Any other suggestions on where the clunk might be coming from and solutions on how to fix this would be helpfull .

Aslo if it does happen to be the struts what are peoples opinions on a set of new struts. I am currently looking at the tokico illuminas or the green mazdaspeed jdm struts. i've read through a lot of forums and a lot of mix reviews on these two sets.

Thank you for reading through this and hope to get some feedback.

do you get that clunk when you hit bumps? check to see if there is fluid around the strut seal at the piston.

yeah it is only when I hit bumps and roll over humps that i get the noise. I put the trunk up and jumped onto the back and bounced , i hear rocking noise but no harsh clunking noise like i do when i'm driving. Checked for any fluids from the struts nothing I can see.

Ok, I got the new strut in the driver side rear becuase the strut was blown. Now i still have the clunk, not as frequent but louder when I hit bumps. It will happen at low speed and higher speeds. So i'm still not sure when i'm getting this clunking noise from but its getting really annoying. Any more suggestions. I check the spring and its compressed and not loose. The top mount plate is in good condition and the rubber is not torn or broken up. So it doesn't seem like its the strut anymore. Could it be worn out springs. I do have a little rust building up on the top of the springs.

Back