Help with sun strip tint

LeavEmDusty

:
Mazda 3 2008.5 S GT 2.3L
Hey guys, quick question and hope anyone can help me out! My car is already tinted but I decided to go in today and get the sun strip tint on the winshield. The guy at the shop told me that putting a sun strip might affect the sensor that is on the top side of the winshield. I am not familiar with these things so any input is much appreciated, he said it "might" but he wasn't sure either, do u guys know if it does?
P.S: I have a 2008.5 Mazda 3 with the leather/Bose/navi package.

Cheers!

go to another shop. i have the same car without navi and i got the strip done twice, lol, a rock broke my window lol and the strip was replaced with the window. anyway never had a problem with any thing, the wipers, temp sensor, headlights all work great. so go to a place that has some confidence and that isnt telling you that cause its bull. the sensors are under the rear view mirror thing and the tint goes around that so it wont hit them if done right. i did talk to mazda and she said they had to fix one speed 3 that the sensors got messed up but that was on a windshield replacement. find a more reputable shop and do it:)

Thanks for the feedback, I am heading to the place which originally tinted my windows which are alot more trustworthy. But good to know that u got it done and ur sensors are fine.
Cheers

good luck man and let me know the outcome. i love the strip makes them days driving toward sun so much easier. good luck bro:)

heres my speed with original; strip and window, sorry havent taken any since being replaced.
P1050105.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for ur help bro. I went back to the other place and got it done on Saturday, I'm lovin it it looks good with my tint and helps a ton with the sunlight. No problems at all with sensors, temp.. Etc so that's great..

P.S: Nice ride dude!

Back