Help with Mud flaps

mzballin

I'm gonna purchase the urethene mud flaps from rallyarmor.com but I'm not to positive how to put them on my 04 Mazda hatch so if anyone did this and knows how to explain it thoroughly - help me out ! lemme know if it's hard or easy- thanks !

They provide installation instructions with the flaps. It's not incredibly difficult but be prepared to spend a few hours getting them on there. I'd recommend using a level to make sure they are straight too. Crooked mud flaps are annoying. I found it easier to look at their installation pictures on their website since the pictures are in color on there and not on the papers they sent.

http://www.rallyarmor.com/store/mazdaspeed3_instructions/mazdaspeed_3.pdf

I installed Rally Armor's basic mud flaps a few weeks ago. The instructions they provide a pretty good, but they provide then in black and white. Print them off in color as it will be easier to figure things out. For the instructions, they installed the flaps on a red car and all the hardware is black, so its easier to see where things go. A red car printed in black and white looks black, so its hard to make out some of the diagrams. I suggest starting with the rears as they are more difficult. I also found it easier to just remove the rear wheels when installing the flaps in the back.

Step 2 of the rears has you remove a bolt. It looks like a screw, but there is a nut on the other side. The nut is held in place by a couple plastic tabs, which are fine as long as you apply light even force to the bolt. I tried to use a hand drill to get the bolt out and broke the plastic tabs. DO NOT DO THIS. If you do, you'll have to find a way to wedge a wrench, pliers, etc. to keep the nut from moving around and there is not much room to work with back there. I had to find places for a screwdriver, flashlight, a set of pliers, and two hands; this was not easy. Also, this area is right next to the exhaust, so let your car cool down first.

Step 6 of the fronts has you making an additional mounting point by threading a screw into the liner. I found it easier to drill a small hole first, then thread the screw into the provided insert.

Other than those two points, my install went pretty well. It took me forever to install the first rear flap because it took me a while to realize I had broken those plastic tabs.

Good Luck,

Kevin

Does anyone know if they mud flaps from rally armor the basic flaps are any good? I want to order them as i dont really want to spend 119$ on them right now.

A guy I know bought them. They are okay but they really are not as sturdy or awesome as the real ones are. The urethane ones will take a freaking beating and the plastic ones are pretty stiff plastic.

Back