Help with Mazda 2 performance

MazdaDeuce

:
2011 Mazda2 Sport
I have a 2011 Mazda2 (American).

I want to beef up the 1.5L engine to make it faster and stronger.

Is there any personal suggestions or opinons, about parts, etc, that i should look into?

Your help is appreciated!!

Thanks guys!

Zoom-Zoom

There isn't really much out for the 2 yet. You could go with an intake. I got the Corksport Short Ram Intake and it seems to add some pick up to the 2 and a nicer sound :)

Hey, if you have a good nosey around these forums theres a few mods people have done, lowering springs or coilovers if you can afford them, then theres the corksport SRI but there is an injen CAI also, then there is somebody on here who has switched the gearbox to 1 from a MK1 MZ3 1.3/1.6l with different ratios which seems to be better with the mz2 engine, then theres the exaust theres a couple of people on here who have done some good custom exhausts to get some more power and then theres also turboing your car again look around these forums 1 or 2 people have turboed their cars, there is a lot you can do with the 2 but a good chunk of it can't be bought, you got to do some custom mods, that's if your wanting to

Corksport or Injen intake
Corksport full exhaust
Corksport Light Crank Pulley
Dynotronics ecu re-flash, header, exhaust
Shoot for lighter wheels

That should get you started..........

Not aware of any cams, either aftermarket or OEM (higher performance models or other market). Too soon for any tricks with modified sensors, etc.

John

Last edited:
Other ways to improve performance

Intake / Exhaust

1- MazdaSpeed 3 Throttle body (you need readapt or rearrange the Drive-By-Wire its not complicated) new gasket and the new gaps for the screw) Only change the TB not the manifold.
2- Injen Cold Air Intake for Mazda 2 Item #SP6030 (with hosepipe adapter for Mazdaspeed3 TB size)
3- Dynotronics Tuning Re-flash
4- CORKSPORT Exhaust System
5- Racing Beat Power Pulse Muffer
6- Tanabe Exhaust
7- Custom Header or other brands... Hotpipes, Thunder muffler

Brake:

1- Goodridge brakeline kits
2- Power Slot Brake Disc Front Item #117.61046
3- Rear disk brakes Conversion (thumb) coming soon
4- ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid

Suspension:

1- Corksport
2- Ultraracing
3- Tanabe
4- H&R
5- Eibach

Last edited:
INJEN now makes a Cold Air intake specifically for the MAZDA 2, about $200. Apparently its good for 6 more horse and some torque improvements as well. Also MagnaFlow is planning on a full CATback exhaust. check out their website for details.

Sorry forgot to mention that the INJEN intake accepts all factory Sensors, and is tuned for the factory A/F mix so it will not throw any codes.

Last edited:
I added the Injen intake (part number SP6030BLK). I don't have any reason to not believe the power gains. I felt them for real. Fit and finish is amazing. Mine is black and with most oem pieces in place (except for a short throttle body elbow) its almost imperceptible. its CARB legal, its impressive. that's my two cents. and speaking of cents i bought it from Autoplicity.com for just $167.

-Jeremy
2011 Mazda2

Brake:

1- Goodridge brakeline kits
2- Power Slot Brake Disc Front Item #117.61046
3- Rear disk brakes Conversion (thumb) coming soon
4- ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid

You are an absolute moron for suggesting these. I'll give the ATE a pass, but CROSS DRILLED AND SLOTTED ROTORZZZZ OMGGGG!!!! Really?

Hi Jeremy,

Where does the Injen place the air filter? Any danger of sucking in water from puddles?

John

last time i looked into the Injen CAI the placement of the intake was hella suspect, too easy to suck up water... which is why i decided to go with corksports SRI...

Latest posts

Back