Help with Digital Gauge Cluster

RenesisKing

That thing got a hemi??
:
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT
I plan on running a digital gauge cluster instead of littering my dash with gauges and I was wondering if anyone was running a digital gauge cluster such as the Magden Computer or anything similar to it. There is a member on RX8club that is making a custom gauge display that goes in place of the radio display. It looks completely stock and will show AFR, Oil Temp, Coolant Temp, Intake Temp, Short and Long term fuel trims and can do an EGT also all in the stock display. I can go two ways with my interior, 1). If I go ahead and do the Magden computer, I'd have to redo my factory nav unit and replace it with a touch screen and put in a new headunit with a nav screen so that it replaces my old nav. 2). If I do the custom display using the factory radio display, everything in the interior looks factory, and I can really go both ways.

I was wondering if anyone is running any form of digital display and if you have encountered any problems or issues with the digital display at all. Also how hard is it to program and what other problems might arise that I should know about. Any help would be great, thanks a lot!

i believe Brain_MP5T is running a digital cluster with a Haltec...
google search for him
you should be able to find him on cardomain and youtube

if you looking for a true guage that can display all the things you want... try looking into a PLX Scan Guage

Brian_MP5 has a digital system that completely replaced his stock gauges (Racepak, I believe). Are you looking for something like this, or just a supplimental system that can display multiple gauges while keeping your stock speedometer, tachometer, etc (like the Magden unit, I believe)?

I'm actually been looking slightly into Racepak or AIM Sport units myself so I don't end up with a dash full of gauges. At this point it's either going to be that or a custom dash with Autometer gauges.

If you're after full digital displays, check out this link: http://www.lms-efi.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=42

I'd really like to keep my stock gauge cluster, it looks nice and I'd rather not replace all of it unless I made a purpose built racer. I'm going for something like the Magden unit. I don't like the dash full of gauges either, so something that is subtle is what I'm going for. Those LMS gauges are insanely expensive. Amazing, but expensive. I'm trying to get something similar to the PLX multi gauges or their data logger.

Back