help with cold air intake

i am sure that someone has talked about this before but i am new to this so i dont know.i am looking for a cold air intake for my 04 mazda3 it is the 2.0 and it is an automatic can anyone help?

thanks,

Any of the cold air intakes for trhe 2.3 will also work on the 2.0. AEM, Injen, K&N, etc...

memphisrains said:
even with it being an automatic?
The only one that had an issue was AEM and I think they fixed that problem. Even so, it would still work with an auto. You just had to zip-tie the tube in place to keep it from rubbing on a bolt on the auto trans.

goldwing2000 said:
The only one that had an issue was AEM and I think they fixed that problem. Even so, it would still work with an auto. You just had to zip-tie the tube in place to keep it from rubbing on a bolt on the auto trans.
ok sounds good thanks for the help!!!!! now i get to get something new for my car wooooohoooooo!!!!!!!!!!

2.0 cai applications?

concerning 'aem', 'injen' and 'k&n', why do they say it only applies to 2.3? i want more info before buying a cai...:) i dont want cell problems...thanks guys...ERIC

dede31 said:
concerning 'aem', 'injen' and 'k&n', why do they say it only applies to 2.3? i want more info before buying a cai...:) i dont want cell problems...thanks guys...ERIC
I think they say that to cover themselves. they develop it for those cars, so they just say its for them. A few people here have successfully had them on 2.0 for months with no prob

hi...just a tip if you dont want to spend money on aem or injen intake...(around 200$ u.s bucks...) i replace my oem driver side bumber black plastic grill (masda3 gs with no fog lights) by aluminium grill...then i remove the stock resonator via this site (how-to)...once you remove the resonator, you got a 3 inches hole under the air filter box...i put on this hole a 3'' plumbing flexible rubber hose and a 45 degrees elbow via the air intake (replaced oem left fog light)...the difference is around 4000 rpm and 5000 rpm via the second and the third speed...you will heard a lood sound and a difference on re-acceleration on second and third speed...about 2 hours...total spend: 25$ canadian...i tried a 2.3 with a injen...then mine...about 1 second on 1/4...15.89 with mine and 14.77 with the 2.3...

Not to diss your MacGuyver skills or anything but 1 second in a 1/4 mile is huge. If you can shave a full second for $200, that's money well spent.

Did you run it before you made the mods? There's only 12 hp difference between the 2.0 and 2.3.

hi goldwing...you seem know about the mz3...what's your opinion about the magnaflow exhaust? that's the next part i want to buy...let me know...thanks...ERIC

dede31 said:
Sorry For My English, I Speak French...but I Try To Learn...:)

I had a feeling English wasn't your first language. I noticed you're from Montreal (viva le Quebecois!), so I didn't say anything. ;)

Magnaflow isn't a bad system but you can get better for your money. There's a VERY good write-up about all of the various systems available on this thread:
http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107651
(thumb)

Back