***Help Please***

gen1pro

:
06 Mazdaspeed 6
I recently purchased used a 2003 MSP and taking a look at the engine it seems a piece is missing from the airbox. My local dealer is no help to me. I need to order the part b4 my 30 day warranty is up so I can get the dealer to pay for the part.

thanks in advance

kwesi03@yahoo.com

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be open like that however mine pointed to the right the opening that is, I dont remember I have the injen on it now. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be open like that.

you are not missing any thing. but that peice should be facing the left fender

Hmm, looks like a stock piece from a NA protege intake system. Your piece should curve towards the driver's side fender and should say "Callaway"

congrats on the purchase and welcome!

i dont think it's gonna hurt the car.

are you planning on modding the car?! if so dont even worry about that little piece
get an aftermarket intake and you'll hear your turbo better and it will make your car perform better too

that part doesn't even look like the stock piece. the stock piece says callaway on it and it doesn't have any foam on it. This is piece is known to fall off for no reason. Mine is missing too and I am the original owner. it fell off somewhere but have no idea where. There are several people on this board that have a used one for sale if you need it. the dealer will more than likely charge out the but for it.

Nope, thats the "Callaway Intake Elbow" thats on all the airboxes, except its turned 90 degrees from where it should be. It should be facing right, not straight up.

The dealer used my vin and pulled up some part and gave that to me...when my batteries charge is my camera I'll post the part. I didn't have to pay for it so if it is a useless part then no harm done....

Thanks again for the guys who helped me

Kwesi

The Callaway unit has no foam like that though. If you want to buy mine PM, or you can just turn it. I dont think it will hurt anything.

Pics of the part

O.k. I finally was able to charge my batteries and here are the pics of the part they gave me....

Thats a weird looking set up. Definitely not what my 03 came with. Get an SRI or CAI of your choice and get rid of it. Just my opinion.

Money is tight right now since I just put a lot down to get the car but I do plan on upgrading in the future....Until I do my upgrades I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't harming anything

that is what my dealership put on my car when my calloway elbow on. they said it is a updated part. i took the baffle off the bottom off but i think i am just going to glue the old one back on. the actual intake pipe is only 1.25in instead of the 2.5in. that came with it

Back