help - need to rebuild/ buy new alternator!

Becca19MSP

:
Mazda, Mazdaspeed Protege
Hi, I'm new to the forum, but I have a modified MSP and it's having problems. I can't turn on my system, or heat/AC without the lights dimming, and with the system, pulsating. Not to mention when I turn on my lights, the gauges dim...

I brought it to a shop to check my alternator, battery, etc. The test said that everything was actually running ABOVE average. However, the owner of the shop said that he thought my alternator wasn't putting out enough amps to handle the mods.

Anyone know where I can get a new, more powerful alternator... or somewhere that could rebuild it for higher amps?

Thanks!

Many times when an alternator fails,it is the regulator on it(caused by many different demands of ampers),i d suggest you to either buy a new one or rebuilt it(try to get one with a isolated regulator)wich are not on our cars,and for the dimming,a capacitor would really help you with the dimming thing,at least when you turn on your sound system,it would save the charging system to get some electrical spikes!

hope this helps you out...

Back