Help my MS6 loose some weight???

jdub260

:
2007 MAZDASPEED6 Sport
I will be runnig Street Modified (SM) for auto-x this year and I want to know if anybody knows how much the rear seat weights???

I already plan to chage the battery and I will run with very little fuel in the tank. I will take out the back seat (If it's not a PITA). And I plan to loose about fifteen pounds myself in the next couple of months. :D

Also if there are any other places that I could loose a quick fifteen or twenty pounds that you know of?? It's gonna be almost impossible to beat the civics and wrx's in this class, but I'm gonna give it the ol' college try. (doh)

unsprung weight effects handling of a car more than sprung weight...

try lighter tires/wheels..

with that said, get rid of the spare, as well as extra mats in the trunk, etc.

maybe take off the read door panels and rear seats when you autox?

just too much work for auto-xing so I wouldnt do it... but if it floats your boat....

B1GHAM said:
unsprung weight effects handling of a car more than sprung weight...

try lighter tires/wheels..

with that said, get rid of the spare, as well as extra mats in the trunk, etc.

maybe take off the read door panels and rear seats when you autox?

just too much work for auto-xing so I wouldnt do it... but if it floats your boat....
I forgot to say that. I also dump the spare/jack/and trunk mat. I haven't looked at the rear seat yet. I have no idea how hard it will be to remove...I'll check tonight if it ever stops snowing!!!

Does anyone make lighter wheels / tires for the MS6?

I was under the impression the size and offset of the wheels were rather unique...

The bottom of the rear seat is easy, it is just held in with clips (had to remove it to carry a tv once). As far as the back I'm assuming it is not to hard. You should also look into a CPE exhaust if that class allows it. The stock system is very heavy. Other than that I would say CF stuff if you can afford it. And I would highly recommend changing the rims and tires. Those stock ones are very heavy and too narrow.

^^ It's SM, it allows an exhaust absolutely :p

at least this year in SM I'll actually almost sorta be a little bit competitive.. Last year I was in SM with probably 120whp.

replace OEM 18" w/ Forged 17" alloys...
replace the damn overweight steel hood w/ CF hood.....i've seen picture of
a white MS6 w/ CF hood....think there was only 1 company
that made it...
remove rear seats

Back