Help!!!! My Bose system Died

twolfe

Ok I just bought a 2006 Mazda 3 hatchback Gt with the Bose system and etc. Ok so everything was working fine and I went to change out the battery for a new one. After doing so my stereo no longer will turn on. The red LCD display works, shows the temp on the right and when I press the CD is says no disk. But my stereo will not power on but shows to have power to the right half of the buttons which are red. I have checked all of the fuses throughout the car. I have pulled out the entire deck and checked to see if the wire harness was loose. And it still will not work. Has anyone else had this issue or dose anyone have any trouble shooting advise for me. I am tempted to take it into the dealer ( hate to pay out the pocket at the moment).

Thanks to anyone who could help.

I haven't had this issue, but have you tried cycling power again? It is odd that the stereo would get damaged by changing the battery.

well if youre gonna pay out of pocket at the dealer, you might as well go aftermarket and get a better system anyway. If youre out of warranty that is.

Ok I just bought a 2006 Mazda 3 hatchback Gt with the Bose system and etc. Ok so everything was working fine and I went to change out the battery for a new one. After doing so my stereo no longer will turn on. The red LCD display works, shows the temp on the right and when I press the CD is says no disk. But my stereo will not power on but shows to have power to the right half of the buttons which are red. I have checked all of the fuses throughout the car. I have pulled out the entire deck and checked to see if the wire harness was loose. And it still will not work. Has anyone else had this issue or dose anyone have any trouble shooting advise for me. I am tempted to take it into the dealer ( hate to pay out the pocket at the moment).

Thanks to anyone who could help.

can you test another deck from anyone local with a Mazda 3? You can buy stock Mazda 3 stereo's off ebay for about 50 bucks is all....probably cheaper than the dealer even troubleshooting.

He said he checked the fuses in the OP.

If half of the buttons light up and half don't and the stereo doesn't work it really sounds like it's fried.

Back