HELP - MSP Springs - I'm Lost

02ESwBoost

:
'02.5 ES - '03 Speed Conversion
Need a little help, just bought a set of used MSP springs and I'm not sure which ones are the fronts and which are the backs..... please send a picture or if there is any indicators on them ? (smash)

Last edited:
honestly there's no way you could put the wrong ones on, so just put on the ones that remotely fit

lol...

Thanks, I just did not want to take the car apart and then be stuck.... The person that I bought them from said that he had them taken off at a shop and could not tell the difference.......... So Big in the Front and Little in the BACK....................kOOL

They are really tough to get apart. They usually seize up. Use lots of penetrating lube to loosen them. Many people have to cut them off.

I have changed the springs in pro without taking the endlinks off but you have to be careful not to break the ball joint on them.

An allen wrench fits in the stud to keep it from spinning. I had to use a breaker bar and broke 3 socket extensions.

You will see when you start taking it apart. Hopefully they wont be rusted since you are in so cal. I did mine at like 5K miles and they were still a b****.

dude I just put my stock springs back on the car and didn't even need a spring compressor.... how cool was that... just pushed down on the spring and got enough thread from the strut to start the nut... oh yeah, i weigh like 215 so that didn't hurt either. Me pushing down while my 140 lb friend put the nut on. I did one by myself, front one, and it can be done by yourself... but not easy. I recommend the autozone strut spring compressor over the checker one because it has smaller nuts to drive on the side.

heh thats just what me and ryan did when we put rb springs on my car.. i was the the 140ibs guy with the nut..:)

yeah, the first time I lowered it didn't even use it then either... did the dare devil air gun to nut and hope you don't get hit technique.. hahaha! Anyway, car rolls so much worse with stock springs then the Eibach Pro Kit that I had on there before. Don't know yet if I'm going to sell the Eibachs yet. Want to get some Tein Coil-Overs... oh yeah baby, my buddy got them and talk about wow!

Anyway, replace your thrust bearings if you have alot of miles on your car while your doing it. There only like $34 shipped from www.mazdastuff.com I did mine because i had a knock from the front, all good now.

yea when we were on top on the thing we were thinking, "if this thing slips, we're dead" lol

I tested it first and pushed down and I was like, "ah hell we don't need no stinking spring compressor, watch this". Of course I lostened the nuts before taking them out so I could take them off by hand once off. Make sure you do this first otherwise, well if you have air tools nevermind, but hand tools off the car suck.

I almost fired one of SpicyMcHaggis' struts through the wall in my garage. I didnt use a spring compressor for mine or his either. I did a couple outside in the driveway just so i didnt dent a car. I did one of them with the endlink still attached. I thought he was going to need body work for sure.

Great, sounds like it might be better to take it to a shop... How much is the average price to change the springs ?

Bro, if you have some simple hand tools.... like a 15mm 12mm 10mm, 17mm then your in the monday.. and some extensions would help as well, and a breaker bar for the strut bolts on the front and rear hub.

I wouldn't pay more then $100 for install. I wouldn't pay for install though, but shop around.

could see if anyone in your area can help. save that money for another mod...just a thought

Last edited:
Back