help me out im just about to get a new protege 5

sorin

hey guys this my first time posting.... i hnave to go back to the dealer soon and i waz woundering how much i can mustard out of this guy... . what would be the best price to pay for the car? ... remind u that its the end of the year and they want to get rid of it... and i beleive they have a 2500 cash back thing going on until the end of decembeer..... ure help is greatly appreiciated.... thanks

make them deal at or near invoice (which i think they would gladly accept to clear inventory), AND THEN use the $2500 cash back as part of your down payment!

go to www.edmunds.com to get the invoice pricing. Once you have all the numbers there really isn't any space left for them to play games with you (except the loan rates... grrrr)

gotcha, i was gonna say check out faulkner mazda in philly. they had a bunch in stock last time i was there. Probally a nice cruise for you.

What dealer you getting it from?

Sorin, deal like crazy man. Call one dealer, get a quote, take it to another dealer get them to match it, go to the other dealer see if they will go down etc.

Right now Mazda NEEDS to get rid of the 5 inventory.

Good luck man, you know how slow the 5 is don't you?

I just bought a 2003 mp5 for 14 something with the autostick no other extras.... oh yeah in Iowa. We got the 2500 off pluss we got like 1300 more off.

Sorin,
I'm also from NJ and I bought my MP5 from East Coast Mazda in Woodridge back in June. I dealt through carsdirect.com. I paid 16K for Silver 5Sp, Moonroof, ABS, Polished alloys, cd changer, cargo net, roof rack, bumper guard, leather...it was a relatively pain-free experience, going through carsdirect. I imagine you can get the same exact car for less than 16K (around mid 15K) these days, due to latest rebates/discounts. Let me know if you need more info.

The good deal at the moment is about $3200 to $3500 below invoice, or about $5000 under MSRP. So look at the sticker price of the car you're interested in (including all options and freight), and subtract $4700 or 5000. That's about what you should get it for. (That's what I just got mine for, in Maryland.) Then you have to pay tax and tags on top of that.

Don't go crazy over $200 or $300 because you don't want to lose the car at these prices. They might be cheaper still in a month but your selection will be a lot smaller or non-existent.

Good luck.

Back