Help me identify the part i need

Wheredjaredgo

:
Mazda protege speed
Ok i dont have a camera so im gonna do the best i can to explain where this coolant hose coupler thing is...I sprung a tiny leak out of the coolant hose comming out of the bottom of the water neck on the side of the head this same hose has three seperate openings one of which goes to the turbo and cools the turbo.... the other opening looks like it goes under my exhaust manifold and probably goes to my heater core or something. these two are supplied by the third opening which is comming out of the water neck on the side of the "head" i need to know where to find that hose or what its called ...maybe a part number or anything... the leak is getting worse and i need to find this part quick... thanks for your help homies

It sounds like you're describing the coolant return elbow for the turbo, it's mostly a dealer only part (about $70), but I believe there is a site that has them. I'll try to find it, give me just a minute.
Is this the part you're talking about?
http://media.photobucket.com/image/Mazdaspeed Protege coolant elbow/sean22306/hose.jpg

EDIT: here ya go.
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...turn-elbow-parts-and-installation-information
Mine leaks, too.
Some of the earlier production elbows had a mold flaw causing the leak. The newer (improved) elbows have a blue stripe on them.

Last edited:
^^^hit it on the spot, attached is a pic of the revised water return elbow.

edit: I read the above post and still didn't realize that there was a link with the pic already..lol

Attachments

• 11038_1266880785025_8301690_n.jpg
    11038_1266880785025_8301690_n.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 292
just ordered that elbow... thanks for the help
.I was having trouble trying to find anyone online that carried it

It should. It may be more of a hassle than it's worth, but you can try taking the elbow off lightly running sand paper around the metal neck (removes the dried nasty coolant). I tried this and so far so good for a few months.

What part of FL do you live in?

I'm replacing the coolant neck and the elbow when the parts come in. I live up in NW Florida near Pensacola

Back