Help me defend the rotary!

VR RX7 R1 said:
How much simpler can 3 main moving parts get?
Read my ealier post. It isn't the rotary design that needs simplification. It's the sequential system. And I stated that IMO, that would be the greater motivation for anyone contemplating a V8 swap.
VR RX7 R1 said:
There is so much bias getting thrown around here it's stupid.
Again, If your referring to me, read my earlier post.....reference my comments on the 13bREW.
VR RX7 R1 said:
Everyone's complaining about low end torque.
Not everyone. I'm still running sequential and love it. And I autoX. But IMO, it's complicated, aging and prone to problems that aren't easily diagnosed. Getting at least as much HP and more torque WITHOUT forced induction (and all that comes with it) would be a good motivation........for some.
VR RX7 R1 said:
I HATE the unreliable comments. That misinformation is spat around by those who don't know what the hell they're doing and prematurely kill it. ANY high HP motor will have it's life significantly reduced due to stress. Simple fact. How much? Again, depends on your application.
I agree. I've owned and maintained my car for a number of years and if you look at my post history here, I've made similar comments. But objectively there are undeniable advantages to an LS1 over the 13bREW which I've already mentioned. As you said yourself, "It all comes down to preference". But the posters claiming that an LS1 would "destroy the soul of the RX7" and other nonsense are asshats. Some of them don't even own an RX7. Still others apparently don't even own a car badged as a MAZDA but claim to know all about them since they read an article in a magazine.

Last edited:
My bad on the simplification piece. There was a lot to read. Probably missed it. But that fix is going single. :D 35R does wonders.

And the other stuff was in general, not to you. Being a fellow owner, I think we agree on everything.

...going outside to prep my buddy's FD for its new motor. unfortunately a few parts were damaged when the engine was shipped :(

Latest posts

Back