Help Me Decide: CX-5 vs. CR-V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said studum..thanks for brake info too X..140# may have been from early gen 1s i think?...Special thanks and congrats to Mango for continuing to troll our forum and provide little to no useful insight and I still say you were wrong to spend 37k on a crv despite it being the new cuv champion of MT...I guess they ponied up more than Mazda in advertising this quarter haha..right isn't that what the haters said of all Mazdas major publication comparison wins?

Last edited:
Well said studum..thanks for brake info too X..140# may have been from early gen 1s i think?...Special thanks and congrats to Mango for continuing to troll our forum and provide little to no useful insight and I still say you were wrong to spend 37k on a crv despite it being the new cuv champion of the MT...I guess they ponied up more than Mazda in advertising this quarter haha..right isn't that what the haters said of all Mazdas major publication comparison wins?

34k OTD for my CRV. I think you maybe confusing what I paid for mine with what you paid for your vehicle.

No problem Monterra.

FYI - rear brake sizes are the same for both petrol and diesel, coming at 303mm

Nope, I was 20k all in cash plus a 6 year old 103k pos crv with a crashed in fender and no ac so yeah it did hold value decently well..29,6 was my # on awd gt tech.

Yes I must admit, I do feel vindicated by the release of the Motor Trend comparison. Just goes to show I was right all along. When you have a major automotive publication like Motor Trend not only recommend the CRV over the CX-5 not just to the average buyer but also ENTHUSIASTS, it speaks volumes.

And in case anyone missed it, it's also won 3 'SUV of the Year' awards already and it's only been out 6 months. I expect it to land a few more awards before the year is over:

AutoTrader
http://www.autotrader.ca/expert/20170515/comparison-test-2017-compact-suvs-part-2-40-000/

Autoguide:
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/...de-com-utility-vehicle-of-the-year-award.html

CarandDriver:
http://www.caranddriver.com/features/best-compact-suv-honda-cr-v-2017-10best-trucks-and-suvs
The Honda salesman's seeking vindication for his Honda purchase on a fricken Mazda forum.

Congrats Mango, you did it! :)

Make the Mazda forums great again!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Congrats on the new CX-5!

That was actually on my liquid silver 2014 that i just had to spend my first notable $ on outside of tires @68k..front brakes..rears done under warranty @36k and i finally got that scary recall done on the hatch brackets haha..thinking another year possibly 2 to re-up with another cx5 almost a certainty..likely w/the sky-d. Brz is current top contender replacing rwd x1 as the fun car..they fixed alot of things for 17 gearing and suspension being the big ones...how do you like new A4? Coworker bought one(with a manual god bless him) and really likes all the tech and it is pretty wild i sat in but says it feels somewhat numb compared to his old one that he ran for over 200k with nothing too major happening to my amazement..original clutch.

Last edited:
That Motor Trend Review was pretty much spot on. About the only thing I significantly disagreed with is the seating. I thought it was more comfortable in the CX-5 but I might be more used to it.

Then again, the Mazda was nearly silent inside, save some engine noise; the Honda suffered some wind noise and a lot of tire noise, especially on poor pavement.

I had this experience as well. On bad pavement the CR-V was as bad as my CX-5 while the 2017 CX-5 so much quieter. I'm still not certain this isn't something to do with the tires. Apparently the CR-V has two brands it shows up with and they perform very differently with road noise.

The other thing is that I did notice the CX-5 being slower but I wouldn't have guessed a full second. Definitely heavier steering, definitely a tiny bit slower, but not 10% slower.

The price keeps dropping. 38-36-34. Seems by end of the thread his loaded CR-V with led door sills and upgraded wheels will be 5k.

Funny thing is, this is all I see driving CX-5s around here, well if you add 30 more years. I've seen one dude driving one, and I asked him how he liked it, "it's my mom's car, but she likes it!" Lol

I see mostly young women in them, say, 25-40ish looking. My favorite vehicle to get a look into is a Lexus SUV. Always a hot girl in those, it seems!

The price keeps dropping. 38-36-34. Seems by end of the thread his loaded CR-V with led door sills and upgraded wheels will be 5k.

Doesn't matter what I paid for it, it's still better than the CX-5 according to Motor Trend, AutoGuide, Car And Driver, and Auto Trader.

That's all that needs to be said.

Doesn't matter what I paid for it, it's still better than the CX-5 according to Motor Trend, AutoGuide, Car And Driver, and Auto Trader.

That's all that needs to be said.

Nah bro, the CR-V is not a CX5 competitor. Aren't you reading? it's too expensive to consider.

I had this experience as well. On bad pavement the CR-V was as bad as my CX-5 while the 2017 CX-5 so much quieter. I'm still not certain this isn't something to do with the tires. Apparently the CR-V has two brands it shows up with and they perform very differently with road noise.

Mine were the Hankook, they were pretty quiet but I heard the other brand may be louder, not sure.

I see mostly young women in them, say, 25-40ish looking. My favorite vehicle to get a look into is a Lexus SUV. Always a hot girl in those, it seems!

Over here, women with families drive larger SUV's. For the CX-5, its a mixture of men and women

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back