HELP! Lights came on by themselves!

wyldone4

:
2003 Laser Blue P5
HELP! My neghbor came over and told me my lights were on. I go check and my side marker and front marker lights are on. No key in the ignition and light switch is to off. The car has 25,000 miles on it and is a 2003 protege 5. I undid the negative terminal figuring it would reset the computer , re-installed cable and the horn would not shut off. Unloosen cable and now the light problem happens again.WTF?(argh)

haha thats fawking awesome, and scary. But yeah no idea what would cause it, im sure someone on here can think of something, and with 25k take it to the dealer if you want

wyldone4 said:
HELP! My neghbor came over and told me my lights were on. I go check and my side marker and front marker lights are on. No key in the ignition and light switch is to off. The car has 25,000 miles on it and is a 2003 protege 5. I undid the negative terminal figuring it would reset the computer , re-installed cable and the horn would not shut off. Unloosen cable and now the light problem happens again.WTF?(argh)

sounds like the alarm module.

wow, that sucks. probably something to do with your locking mechanism or something.......

alarm is set on, go underneath the driver side and reset it,
if that doesn't work then just take it to a dealer..
not hard

Since it's possessed, you might as well have a looky at the fuses. Both in the engine and by the driver's left leg panel.

It might not help but it can't hurt to look either.

Back