HELP!!! I need some files for decals...

crayz_d

:
2002.5 Mazda Protege5
Hey guys, I am really hoping that some of you can help me out with this. You see, I am going to get some decals made for my car, you know, company logos of stuff that I have. The problem is that I need the files for the logos. So I am hoping that someone here might have some or know where I can get some.

I need: either Adobe Illustrator .ai files or Encapsulated Post Script .eps files of the following logos.

Rockford Fosgate
Precision Power (PPI)
Tokico
AEM
Eibach
Mazdaspeed
Kartboy
Racing Hart
NGK
Katzkin

<a href="http://www.mazdamp3.com/members/crayz_d/decals.gif">Logos for decals</a>

If you know where I can get these or if you have some, please let me know.

If you have a file please e-mail it to me at crayzd92@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited:
They didn't have what I want. If you all have any suggestions of decals to get that are easy to find let me know.

In my searching this morning I went to www.edecals.com and found:

Mazdaspeed
Falken
AEM
Tokico
Eibach
Rockford Fosgate
Mazda

The MP3 shock are Tokico right? I can't remember right now.

Is this what you want? I took each image and cropped them into a eps file.

Attachments

• decals.zip
    103.8 KB · Views: 347
Thanks Eli, but that isn't exactly what I need. You see my problem is that the logos I have are rasterized graphics that I downloaded from the web. The decal guys need Vector art (no pixels or jaggies) in order to make the decals. After looking at all of these web sites I have been finding it is expensive to put decals on your car. On average it is about $6 a sticker. So 9 decals x 2 sides x $6.00 = $108.00 OUCH!!! I may not do this after all unless this guy I am working with can make the vector art for me.

problem is, when you open them in Illustrator it shows up as a box. what needs to be done (at least where i work, cutting decals) is the outline of the decals needs to have the points in it. right now the only thing selectable is the outlining box

matt

Yep, that is because it is just a copy of the .gif image put into illustrator. You work at a decal shop Matt?

Adobe Steamline would make these into vector. you can probably get a trial on adobe.com

That is a cool software, I'm a graphic designer and no one ever told me about that before, plus it is only $129.00 for the full version of Streamline 4.0. I am going to look into that because then I could get any logo that I want, in theory. Does anyone on the board already have Streamline. They tryout doesn't let you do anything.

i'm going to look for it. yeah i do decals, mostly plastic signs and vinyl. were more a point of purchase signs type maker.

matt

Sweet any help would be great. I am trying something I learned a long time ago to see if I can cheat and make them vector art. We'll see.

Okay. Try this out. Take the gif image and convert it to greyscale. Then save the image as a bmp. Take the bmp file into Illustrator and covert that to a Tiff. My girlfriend tells me there is a tool (sorry not sure what it's called) that will mimic the curves and you can get your vector image that way.

Back