HELP! i broke something... long (alarm install)

traitorhound

powered by FLIP
hey guys,

i was installing my DEI alarm (hornet 564) and i have everyting wired up correctly and everything works except for my power locks. (dunno) i have had everything wired up as according to the relay diagram into the sticky. but stupid me when i was hooking up the power wire it shorted to the dash and sparked and whatnot and now the doors do not lock at all except when using the oem keyless remote (the door lock switch on the drivers door doesn't lock, unlock works fine). the unlock switch works fine on all methods, oem keyfob, alarm remote, and door switch. is there any place i should look at to find out what i broke and need to replace before i try to do this thing again?

i took the switch out of the door and used some wire to short the 2 connections and it unlocks the door as it should. when shorted with a 1.5k resistor it doesn't do anything meaning i did mess something up internally. i checked all the fuses in the drivers kickpanel and everything seems to check out so i have no clue

man i have spent like 20 hours on this damn install and everything is nice and perfect except for the damn locks. . lol i had no problem with the remotes start module and all the other wires. . just the damn lock wire

any help will be greatly appreciated

rich

Which wire of the alarm did you short? You called it the power wire.

If it was the alarms brains power wire then you want to check the fuses on that wire and on the brain. Also, if it was door lock wire from the relays that you shorted then you may have just smoked that resistor. Put another one in instead and give it a whirl.

yea it was the power wire of the brain (the fuses on it are still good) i was getting power from that wire to power the relays and something went wrong. . im gonna go check the wireing on the relays right now to see whats going on

what concerns me is that the stock lock switch is non operational, the unlock button side of the rocker switch still works but the lock side doesn't

Last edited:
alright...well turns out i just mixed up the connections on the lock relay and now all is good. lol i guess after 20 hours of sitting there and doing the same thing frustration sets in and takes over. . ..it all works good now.

hmm. . now i notice that there is always the full trigger icon on my 2 way remote. .. is there any way i can reset the brain or something so i can get rid of that. the manual included doesn't address anything of the sort

hmm . . .since this happened, warn away response never triggers. it always goes to full siren output.

hmm i really gotta find out what is going on

Last edited:
Ok,

got all the kinks worked out, Turns out that that icon on the lcd is supposed to stay lit meaning the unit is in audible mode (DEI's website is wrong) according to other forums that i searched though. The alarm wasn't giving warn away triggers because i never hooked up the green wire on the shock sensor (DOH!!!) i was wondering why that wire was cut on the sensor and read in the manual it was for an optional 2 stage senso or motion sensor.

what i didn't realize is that the DEI units come with 2 stage shock sensors so i just plugged it in without realizing putting it in that way would not cause the warn signal.

that is all.

stupid first installs. they always suck

Yeha!!!! Sorry, I am an installer and had a b**** of a car this week and it was just cause I was having a bad day, thus causing me to make a stupis mistake with a passlock system. Anyway, I know how it is to be frustrated and I am glad it worked out for you. Make sure you hook up the hatch to the alarm...otherwise a thief can open the hatch without the alarm going off.

Tell me about it........Gm is supposed to be redoing their security for their motors again. The worst has to be the DEI ford Pats system, I never can get those damn things to work right. I always sell them the 556u instead.

Back