Help help 2003 mazdaspeed protege No start issue.

d2r

:
2003 Mazda Protege
Need Help on a no starting issue car would only start with a jump only the car has a new battery and new starter I have check the alternator and it show 14 volts when the car is running so I that mean the alternator is charging the battery. Car would not turn over if the car is left sitting over night.

Tweety is right it's likely either a bad battery or a weak connection. Check your fuses (esp. main fuse) but it sounds like a bad battery terminal or corroded ground. It could be a bad starter solenoid but I would replace the starter only after confirming all the connections are solid.

Could also be a weak/bad battery. Batteries are known to be bad even when brand new. Get it checked at any auto parts store for free.

Took my car to the shop and have one the tech look at it they told me that it my alarm that is causing a short in the car and that they could not fix it that I would have to take it to the mazda dealership. My question is there a way to by pass the alarm system I really don't want to take it to the mazda dealership and get rip off.

I would try to take it to a shop that specializes in electrical systems. They should be able to handle it for you. This is going to be a speciality shop and may take some searching to find a good one.

There is a little black button hidden up behind the driver's side of the dash to reset the alarm, it's worth a shot if you can find it. It's mounted to a large, vertical metal bracket. The dealer will just want to replace the alarm module, I would be afraid to see how much a new one of those costs nowadays.

I'm having similar issues. I've replaced alternator within past three years, battled some tensioner issues. Then corrosion claimed most of my battery and attatched wires. Will be adding 4ga ground wires ontop of stock locations after some cleaning of mounting locations. However I'm hesitant to believe this will solve my problem, as the car started fine when I left car unlocked in garage for three days, but when I locked it after driving around next day it was dead within 12hours. It's like everything using a 12v source decided to evil dead on me.

Would there be any code logged for the alarm failure/fubar, or will I literally have to test the reset on module? I was tempted to add a battery kill switch to save me unhooking it every night, but I'd much rather actually solve my problem rather then bypass it. I'm sure corrosion of wire ends was a factor in this, the terminal wires had 6-9 inches of white/green flakey insides rotted, couldn't tell from outside the wires until I cut into it.

I

There are no codes for the alarm, so you would have to remove it or 'reset' it with the little button. But you either have a draw in the system or your battery is about to fail.

Latest posts

Back