HELP - Engine dies a 1500rpm and braking!!!

wagoneer

:
02' laser blue P5
Hey guys I hope you're in a better state than I am.

Firstly:
Two nights ago my 02 tiptronic hit a hole in the road and the engine died.
It restarted OK in neutral car reved out to 6K rpm just fine.
Engaged drive, gradually increased throttle when it gets to 1500rpm the engine bucks, battery light flickers and car shuts down.
Ok, so I kept the revs under 1500rpm drove over a bump in the road, same thing happened, engine bucks, battery light flickers and car shuts down.

Secondly:
I noticed if the car is in neutral and rolling, slamming the brakes suddenly creates the same issue, battery light flickers and car dies.

Checks Done:
Pulled a Cam Shaft snsor error code from ecu, and replaced with new sensor.Same issue.
Reseat all cables in engine bay. Same issue.

What next????
Any and all responses are most welcomed

dre

Issue Solved: see post #7

Last edited:
First thing I would do is make sure that the battery terminals, wires and everything are solidly in place and don't move around. If terminals/battery are loose, it could cut your power whenever it hits a bump or vibrates enough to dislodge it. Just make sure everything stays in tact, nothing is leaking and of everything seems ok under the hood, it could be something electrical you'll have to get checked out.

All you can do is (while running - so be very careful) is tug/move all the possible wires (starting with the MAF) and including the fuel pump.

Wiggle the alternator connectors & wires too.

Good luck.

Issue Solved

Good news.

I went back at the car yesterday and found the problem.
As mentioned before, I re-seated all connectors in engine bay including the fuses.
However what i could not have seen were the main cables underneath the fuse box in the engine. So I unscrewed the box and re-seat the 5 or 6 connectors -> issue gone.
As it turned out it was the left front wheel that hit the hole, which is directly under the fuse box.

Thanks to all who replied and those who wished they could have helped.

PS: I now have new cam shaft sensor that didn't need changing :)
drgnzadiel101 sorry to hear about the sentra.

Last edited:
Back