HELP: Direct wire for radar detector installation

theMarKing

:
Mazda, Speed3 2010
Hi guys,
i'm tryin to direct wire my beltronic radar detector to my car. there r a few ways to go abt it, but i want to use an add-a-circuit to the radio fuse for the power. the advantage of that is so ur radar detector only powers up when you turn on the car's power.
it should be a very straight forward install, but the difficult part is that our fuse is not the normal fuse...it's even smaller than the mini fuse that is normally used in other vehicles. i heard newer cars all come w/this type of fuse.

here's a pic of it:
IMAG0077-1.jpgIMAG0076-1.jpg

does anyone kno if they make any add-a-circuit for this type of fuse? i've searched online, but no luck just yet.

another way of going about it is to tap into a radio wire from the fuse box, but that'll need the removal of that part of the dash, which i'm open to, but haven't found a good write up with a good removal instruction. if you guys can provide a link to a good write up, that'll be gr8 as well, thanks!! (rei)

thx, but the amazon link add-a-circuit is a size up. i found the same one in autozone...i would tap into the auto-dim rear-view mirror too if i had one XD

o, no, i didn't find the correct size, sorry for the confusion lol. i meant i found the same one with the amazon link you provided in autozone. i haven't found one for that size of fuse yet. i'll try my luck at fry's i guess.
to install home link, do i buy the mirror and install it at where the map light is?

Let me find the instructions, I will scan and send them to you. I needed a switched hot, non-switched hot and ground for the mirror, I tapped into the two hots under the dash, instructions were not great so I called the dealer that I bought the mirror from and a tech helped me out.

I got tired of using the garage opener, wanted the homelink, I have the garage and inside light control. Worked out okay.

I will send things tonite in a PM.

Fry's is iffy for car components.

Z

i added my valentine radar to my mz3 sgt. using an add a fuse. and the kit off the website. painless installation.

Back