HELP! Car Wash Attendant covered my dash with Armor-All today! How to fix

IgoZoom

:
2012 Mazda CX-9 GT FWD, Crystal White Pearl, Bose/Moonroof
No good deed goes unpunished, a fact that has proven true today!

My sister, bro-in-law, nephew and my Mom are leaving for a six-day vacation on the Florida Gulf tomorrow morning. Before i could stop myself, I offered to let them drive my CX-9 instead of my sister's 2003 Explorer. It has over 240k miles on it and is still going strong, but the A/C went out a few weeks ago. I knew my Mom would be Evil Incarnate without A/C..and my stupidity (some say generosity, but they both mean the same thing in my world)...

I meant to take it to the touchless car wash and do a quick vacuuming and wipe down of the interior (and tell them to return it in the same condition they found it), but my week has been crazy and I couldn't find the time do it.

Mom took it to the car wash that she and my step-dad use all time. It's a drive thru wash and blower dry, then you pull around and park it for several employees to clean the glass, hand-clean the wheel and apply silicone tire shine, vaccum the interior and (for $4 extra) wash, scrub and dry your all-weather mats. They also wipe down the dash, center stack and console, steering wheels, door panels and door jambs.

Even thought the ticket shows NO ARMOR-ALL on dash or any part of interior with CHECK beside it, they idiots slathered the dash with the shiny, slimy stuff! What can I use to safely remove it? I was wondering what a weak mixture of hot water with a little DAWN dish liquid to cut the oily stuff???

I'm freaking out a little over it because I freakin' hate the stuff and have NEVER used it on the interior any car I've owned. If my dash had to remain looking like it does now on a permanent basis, I'd probably be so distraught that I'd accidentally drive off into a ditch...or it might get stolen while they're on vacation, parts of Florida are known for very high auto theft figures...

But seriously, can anyone tell me what I can use to try to fix the shiny mess or at least get most of it off and hope the rest will disappear...I'm desperate here, guys.....

Thanks in advance!

I've had this happen getting my CX-9 cleaned. It looked like someone poured olive oil over the whole dash.

Don't worry, it'll go away in a couple weeks :)

I'd probably just take a dry microfiber rag and wipe it down. That should take most of it off, I'd think...then as the other guy said, it will fade with time.

Okay, I feel better hearing that it will dissipate over time. I've going to gve a few more wipe-downs with clean micro-fiber cloths and let it go!

You guys have made me feel a lot better, thanks! The overwhelming desire to scrub it down with 20-Mule-Team-Borax has passed....thank god~!

Be prepared to clean the interior of your windshield frequently over the next few weeks :)

I will just wipe it off with a moist rag here and there.

Back