Hello Mazda Family!

xenonk

:
'05 Subaru Legacy GT Limited, '03 Mazda 6i, '11 Mazda 2 Sport
Just saying hi! possibly a new owner to a Mazda2 2011 USA sport model soon.. (not too sure yet). I'm waiting for the dealer to stock up on a blue one first.. if not I'll get a green one.. and if all fails and I can't get a good deal, I'll settle with a black one.

Oh yea, and the wife is on Mazda 6 boards.. (driftable car btw).

Welcome to the Mazdas247 Community, xenonk! (hi)

Nice color choices...Keep us updated on the color and let us know what kind of deal you get...Thanks & Enjoy the forums! :D

I ran into color problems as well for a touring model with a manual transmission. My first color choice was green. When I learned there would be no touring greens in the first shipment to the USA, I asked for a white and i got the same answer. So I chose silver.

-Derrick

I ran into color problems as well for a touring model with a manual transmission. My first color choice was green. When I learned there would be no touring greens in the first shipment to the USA, I asked for a white and i got the same answer. So I chose silver.

-Derrick

thanks all!

I'm the kind of guy that actually wants a color that is eye-catching, Although my last car is black, I managed to dunk, slap, and peppered the entire car with decals from my sponsors in the process. That and black goes well with a lot of colored rims (to date I have owned over 20 sets of rims and probably countless sets of tires from racing alone).

I'm probably going to skip out on the touring model (unless the dealership gives me an awesome price that I can't refuse).. I've been told that the blue will come out in mid september.. being the last day of the month, I havent got a callback from the dealer on the green sport manual yet for the price I'm asking for.

Welcome to the Mazdas247 Community, xenonk! (hi)

Nice color choices...Keep us updated on the color and let us know what kind of deal you get...Thanks & Enjoy the forums! :D

Antoine, since you are in Japan (assume you are), how hard is it for you to get part numbers for JDM parts? I'm curious as to what can fit on the USD version.

Picking up the Mazda2 tomorrow. The original dealer I was dealing with said the 2 I ordered got damaged in shipping and won't be able to get me one anytime soon. Found another dealer that has a GS (touring) instead in stock.

I also wanted a Spirited Green Mazda2 Touring 5-speed, and there are a handful of them out there at dealers, but none within about 100 miles from here. (Meanwhile, the Aquatic Blue color is "late availability" and doesn't even exist yet.) And allegedly, the dealers who do have them aren't interesting in trading them to other dealers.

I considered getting a white or red Touring instead, but ultimately I decided it had to be green or none at all. So I decided to go for a green 5-speed Mazda2 Sport, which seem to be more readily available right now. My local dealer says he should have one in for me by Friday. :)

I figure I can always add alloy wheels, fog lights, and a rear spoiler to make it look identical to a Touring on the outside. (In fact, I saw one dealer which put Touring alloys on a red automatic Sport, and charged $1290 on the sticker for it!) On the inside, I'll miss the steering wheel controls and trip computer, but I actually prefer the Sport's seat fabric, so I'm OK with the tradeoff.

I also wanted a Spirited Green Mazda2 Touring 5-speed, and there are a handful of them out there at dealers, but none within about 100 miles from here. (Meanwhile, the Aquatic Blue color is "late availability" and doesn't even exist yet.) And allegedly, the dealers who do have them aren't interesting in trading them to other dealers.

I considered getting a white or red Touring instead, but ultimately I decided it had to be green or none at all. So I decided to go for a green 5-speed Mazda2 Sport, which seem to be more readily available right now. My local dealer says he should have one in for me by Friday. :)

I figure I can always add alloy wheels, fog lights, and a rear spoiler to make it look identical to a Touring on the outside. (In fact, I saw one dealer which put Touring alloys on a red automatic Sport, and charged $1290 on the sticker for it!) On the inside, I'll miss the steering wheel controls and trip computer, but I actually prefer the Sport's seat fabric, so I'm OK with the tradeoff.

Im on the same train of thought as you are.. but I've been told the blue will be hitting the dealers in the middle of september. Wife likes the blue, I like the green, but either way, we'll end up getting one (I think blue will be the car to work with.. green with white or gold rims look actually funny, and reminds me too much of my old high school colors to be frank). I dont think i would do the "time attack" color rims [black with red stripe], it would remind me too much of a christmas looking car all year around (not like there's anything fast with this car, even me behind the wheel driving it, it's not attacking anything until it gets some grunt, grip, and glamour parts on this thing).

You are right, the one thing I would like to have is the trip computer.. but really, I can do the math. As long as the car is light weight, it'll be fun.

Im currently in the process of looking for all the places of where the car can lose some weight (yup, it sure can) and hopefully a set of either Enkei or SSR 15x7 or 17x7.5 race rims will be coming along (I plan to keep the tires around 205 to 225 wide, I'll see what my hook-ups can find) and keep the rim weight well below 14 lbs (it'll be 8.5 lbs if I go with 15x7). I know I can drop some weight from the stock shocks using coilovers. I'm going to look if a set of Miata front brakes fit on the 2, I think it's possible if I plan on getting some big brakes, which means I'll need those 17" rims, but we'll see.. I'll have a ton of front brake bias then, so I hope the coilovers can be adjusted to balance out the trail-braking more. If not and it just so happens that the rotors are the exact specs as the NA miatas, then I'll go buy a set of Racingbrake.com HP rotors (since they are lighter than most OE rotors due to less mass, and I'll be using this car 99% for daily commute) then I can still drop out some unsprung weight without sacrificing too much of the brake performance capacity of going with a lighter rotor. There are some other lighten parts that I can get like a 7 lbs battery and drop about close to 20+ lbs out of the front, which will be a bonus and not need to think about relocating the battery to the back and need to get an enclosed box for it and the cables that go with it.

You're right on the fog lights and rear wing, we can always add those on later.. I think a set of HIDs will cure most of the lighting problem anyways.

Out of my racing career and knowledge, I think I can always swap out the front seats with aftermarket race seats (probably buy used from a racer that have expired FIA seats since they go way cheaper than new and get the seat brackets made) so that I can drop out another 40 lbs out of the car.. if it all goes well, I can easily drop out close to 100 lbs and still retain a lot of the sportiness feel out of a light weight car for daily driving. Who knows, with that in mind, I may see 42 mpg on the highway if I keep the car low enough and make a splitter lip for it to keep the lift minimal (I think I read somewhere the car has a lift of .03 something for coefficient.. I may be wrong, but I remember reading the drag is .31)

Last edited:
Back