Hello everyone.

graviongr

Hello all, I just joined these forums. I just purchased a 2010 Mazda 3 and was googling information on my car (actually how to install the license plate bracket) when I got here.

First off I notice how divided people are on the front end of this car, a lot of Mazda veterans seem to not like it, well it's bringing in a new generation of Mazda owners because I thought it looked great (the entire style of the car really drew me in).

Previously I was driving a 1998 Isuzu Amigo (long story how I came to drive this), and it got totalled out last month due to a single car collision, I hit a power pole. The accident was not at fault, a school bus cut me off the road in the rain, and anyways, car smashed. Of course the bus kept on driving and no witnesses bothered to stop.

I decided to buy a brand new car for the first time in my life and went with this. I am really enjoying this car, I don't have pics yet but I just washed it all tonight and I will try to snap some tomorrow morning before I go to work.

I went with the 4 door 2.0L iTouring model as it was pretty middle of the road in price and features. I selected black mica and black interior.

These forums are just what I was looking for and I look forward to participating in questions and answers when I can.

Oh and of course now I notice all the Mazda's out there on the road. :)

congrats on the new ride! lots of the previous gen 3/speed3 owners are pretty rough on the new one, but people don;t like change. THey will come around. Post some pics!

Photo's

Well of course it had to rain last night, so I decided to skip the morning photo's as my car was all wet and covered in sticky pine needles.

So I drove to work to air dry it, and of course it had to be an extremely dusty and windy day so I have a nice thin layer of dust adhered to the car, but I decided to just take photo's now anyways as I'm not going to wash it again since there is a 50% chance of rain tomorrow anyways.

So here they are, you've probably already seen them before, since it's just a stock Mazda 3 iTouring and you've probably all seen the photo's of them, but anyways here they are. :)

Front end of car
Three quarters front right side
Three quarters rear right side
Three quarters rear left side
Interior shot
Engine bay full
Engine bay overhead

Just had to fill up today and I got 33mpg, driving mostly 60mph, but varied a lot of high-rpm driving and took it as far as 90mph (very carefully when no cars were near me and only for a few seconds) because I am following the owners manual of recommended driving by lots of varied speeds to break in the car.

So I thought the gas mileage would suffer due to that but it still did pretty good even driving 60mph in 3rd gear lol.

EDIT: *Added the omitted engine bay photo's.*

Last edited:
Congrats on your new ride! I too found this forum in my time of need (issues with some features).
I was never a huge Mazda fan till this 2010 3 came along, even though wanting an RX 8 for the past few years doesn't count. It was my gf's Protege that turned me on to just how nice they are. I made the switch over from a lifetime of driving Eclipses, and I'm not looking back. Welcome aboard!

Hello all, I just joined these forums. I just purchased a 2010 Mazda 3 and was googling information on my car (actually how to install the license plate bracket) when I got here.

First off I notice how divided people are on the front end of this car, a lot of Mazda veterans seem to not like it, well it's bringing in a new generation of Mazda owners because I thought it looked great (the entire style of the car really drew me in).

Previously I was driving a 1998 Isuzu Amigo (long story how I came to drive this), and it got totalled out last month due to a single car collision, I hit a power pole. The accident was not at fault, a school bus cut me off the road in the rain, and anyways, car smashed. Of course the bus kept on driving and no witnesses bothered to stop.

I decided to buy a brand new car for the first time in my life and went with this. I am really enjoying this car, I don't have pics yet but I just washed it all tonight and I will try to snap some tomorrow morning before I go to work.

I went with the 4 door 2.0L iTouring model as it was pretty middle of the road in price and features. I selected black mica and black interior.

These forums are just what I was looking for and I look forward to participating in questions and answers when I can.

Oh and of course now I notice all the Mazda's out there on the road. :)

I 100 percent agree with you on the looks. This is a good...no great looking car (in my eyes). I love the older M 3 as well, but this car's looks put me over the edge into buying one. I have been a toyota guy forever and if this car hold's up, I might be a Mazda guy from here on out. I have always thought Mazda has made the sharpest looking cars when compared to the big 3 Japanese auto makers. I just hope the 2010 reliability turns ino a something I expect in today's cars. I couldn't be happier with the interior and exterior.

your engine photos show off the passenger side engine mount really well. Good lord that thing is massive. I wish Mazda had put something like that in many years ago for the Protege!

Mazda rocks...love the 3...want one!

I love the new look of the 3 and though they could have toned down the giant smile a little I hope to get back into a Mazda in about a year or so.....finances forced me to give up my blue Mazda CX 7 last summer.....it was my third Mazda I had owned in a row(also owned a Protege 5 wagon and an RX 8) and I have to tell you I can't wait to go back to driving one. I ended up in a used 2006 Chevy HHR and I hate it. I like it for the styling and the utility of it but that is it. I wanted a used 3 but it was out of my price range and mileage I wanted. The handling and performance in the Mazda's are far superior than this car. The interior on my HHR is cheap and in the winter my inside handle broke so I could not open the door and they had to replace the whole panel just for the handle...bad design and $369 if you have no extended warranty...luckily I bought one...cost me $100.
I guess what I want to say is welcome to the Mazda community and enjoy your 3's! If you are a first time Mazda owner I feel you will find out the quality, styling, value and most of all handling and performance you will see that Mazda is above most any car in it's class. I always looked forward to driving my Mazda's everyday and this car...I dread it.....gosh, that is sad. I know things will get better and I can enjoy the zoom zoom ride again soon!
Please post pics new owners....I am thinking I like the slate blue, white and copper mica....tough decison but I have plenty of time to think! Peace everyone!:)

Welcome to the boards...allways nice to see new active owners.

I've been lacking on pictures :( which is odd considering my hobby is photograpghy.(flame2)

Latest posts

Back