Hello, and Over heating

HeliGuy

Hello I'm new here. I've had my Protege5 for a few months now and like it very much.
I am just having a couple problems with it right now with over heating, spewing boiling coolant into the over flow, and it seems to be losing coolant as well. The only leak I can see is just around the over flow's overflow hose. I was told that it's probably my thermostat.

What do you think?

Thanks alot :)

Sounds like the t-stat. I had a similiar issue over the summer.

My suggestion is to replace the t-stat, t-stat sensor, rad cap. If you have higher mileage I'd put a new upper and lower hose on as well, since you'll have the system drained.

The cap seems to be in good shape, no steam escaping from around it, and the seal looks to be in good condition. Do you think I can get away with just the Tstat? I'm on a tight budget right now.

The cap seems to be in good shape, no steam escaping from around it, and the seal looks to be in good condition. Do you think I can get away with just the Tstat? I'm on a tight budget right now.

you won't know until you try it

The thermostat will be the quickest and cheapest way to try and diagnose this problem.

Back