Hello all! And wondering where to find maintence frequency checklist?

Joypog

:
Mazda Protege5 2002
Hello! I got a 2002 P5 in July and have been loving it! There's been little things here and there that have needed to be taken care of but all in all I've had fun driving it around. I used to have an '81 Datsun 280zx but it had completely fallen apart....My girlfriend still misses the 1997 Camry she used to have (and was totaled when we hit a guy who ran a red light), but I think its just cause she's still getting used to stick.

In any case, I have a list of routine maintenance items that my mechanic recommended that I should do since the records from the previous owner are spotty -- including flushing the radiator, brake fluid, and power steering fluid.

I found the service manual thanks to the sticky post but it doesn't mention how often those things should be replaced, so I was wondering if there was another place I could check out for guidelines on frequency of replacing fluids and stuff.

For those keeping track of the P5 market, it had 70k miles when we bought it for $5200 in Houston. It had some cosmetic issues (deep scratch on right front fender/door, and bubbling crap-tint job), still needs a radio, and the tires were pretty old (I just replaced the set last month). Other than that, I've had to replace the ignition coils, and the mechanic says I'll need to replace the valve cover gasket and timing belt soon.

In any case, I'm excited to see that there is a Protege fan group out there! It really was the funnest car to drive when I was searching for cars and I'm happy we stretched our budget for this one.

Here's a picture of the car...and my apartment (I live on the 2nd floor =)

Attachments

• car and house.JPG
    car and house.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 597
Back