Helios 5000k HID Kit Installed

the hi/lo kit looks to need some relays which i didn't receive.

Attachments

• hid11.JPG
    hid11.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 160
I can't seem to make the pics any bigger. I click on them, it opens up a new window and just times out. Would you have a link to cardomain or yahoo photo's or something so I can see them in a bigger size? Thanks!

Are you talking about my pics? They are 1024x768... should be plenty big unless you have a huge monitor. If they are not displaying 1024x768 in your browser, have you tried R-Click > Save As and opening them with another program?

Vivid- Yup, I was referring to your original pics. The big pics won't open up in the new window my computer opens, and when I save them they save the thumbs instead of the big pics.
In all reality I'd really like to get this kit, but I just bought my first house, and don't really have the extra funds for it. So not being able to see them full size is ok w/me right now. I'll just keep telling myself I don't really need them... I don't really need them... I don't really need them... I don't really need them... I don't really need them...

Canecreekfreak said:
In all reality I'd really like to get this kit, but I just bought my first house, and don't really have the extra funds for it.

Well, you gotta do the right thing - but if you come into some extra money, these are well worth it. One of the best mods I've done for the money.

viVid said:
Well, you gotta do the right thing - but if you come into some extra money, these are well worth it. One of the best mods I've done for the money.

yup, after messing up with aftermarket bulbs and stresses.... I went to HID.
once you get HID you don't want to go back to stock anymore lol(thumb)

Black_Protege_5 said:
I want a set. Which temp would be better. I know you got the 5000k. Do you have any problem with the housing.

I think best light output is between 4500K ~ 6000K
but if you prefer looks then you can go higher but you will lose little visibility.
what do you mean by housing?

Black_Protege_5 said:
I want a set. Which temp would be better. I know you got the 5000k. Do you have any problem with the housing.

I went with the 5000k because I wanted a "stock" look. I think it is very close to the Acura HID's. The housing is fine, in fact, I believe the bulbs run cooler than OEM halogens - certainly cooler than most aftermarket bulbs...

The inside of the headlight. With my old lights the reflector burnt up but those were with halogen lights. I just dont want these lights to burn either.

viVid said:
I went with the 5000k because I wanted a "stock" look. I think it is very close to the Acura HID's. The housing is fine, in fact, I believe the bulbs run cooler than OEM halogens - certainly cooler than most aftermarket bulbs...

How much did you get your set for and how long did it take you to install?

viVid said:

Oh man... you just had to go and say that. Crap- there goes another $260...
(cheers)

I want good light output with a stock HID (Acura, BMW, etc.) kind of look. Does this mean I should go with 5000k? Will 5000k not look "modded" enough, and almost look like halogens? I heard there's some yellow in the 5000k...

Thanks

damaster said:
I want good light output with a stock HID (Acura, BMW, etc.) kind of look. Does this mean I should go with 5000k? Will 5000k not look "modded" enough, and almost look like halogens? I heard there's some yellow in the 5000k...

Thanks

I had the XenonDepot kit on my ca before, I had 4300K and it matched factory HID perfectly (cause that's what factory HIDs are, 4300K) I had a bulb break, so he replaced both under warranty but I got 6000K instead to compare... I liked the 4300K better.

4300k should have been pretty bright. Keep in mind that the higher the temperature, the more scattered the light effeciency is, producing less light output.

Looks great. Please make sure you realign your headlights afterwards. When I installed mine, they were bright, but the size of the bulb caused the angle of the light to be right into the back window of cars in front. Had to tailgate all the way home.

ZoomFive said:
Looks great. Please make sure you realign your headlights afterwards. When I installed mine, they were bright, but the size of the bulb caused the angle of the light to be right into the back window of cars in front. Had to tailgate all the way home.

Not the case with the kit I bought. Even though the bulb is longer, the point at which the light is generated is the same as a halogen bulb.

Mine were aimed at the trees when I put mine in, so I got to adjust them to where I wanted and I am very satisfied to where they are now. They are high enough to see very far in front of you, but not too high that anyone flashes their high beams at you.

viVid said:
Not the case with the kit I bought. Even though the bulb is longer, the point at which the light is generated is the same as a halogen bulb.

You raise an interesting point, because I think mine was also at the same point. Don't know why, but I was aimed higher (and was obviously MUCH brighter).

Just something to watch out for. It was SO bright, but the light was getting on the road way ahead of my car, which was not quite the point.

Back