heater

c0okiecrisps

:
Pr5
does any one know how to fix a heater?

i cant get cold air to come out of my heater, even after driving for an hour straight.

Did you do any stereo work lately??? The cables for the heater control in the dash may be disconnected or improperly aligned. Does the blower fan work????

it hasnt worked since i got the car over a year ago

the fan (blower?) does work fine, only cold air comes out

i tried searching for instructions for a radiator flush, but i couldnt find any, does any one know any good ones? or could tell me how to do it?

its 26 degrees outside right now, it'll be 20 deg. when i go to school in the morning, i really want my heater working. i went last winter without it, and was miserable

I'd check the cables from the heater knob back...Sounds like the last guy didn't care about it when he was probably switching out the stereo for stock...I'll get you a link in a second with some pictures...

thank you

i've checked the wiring, however...i didnt really know what to look for. i just made sure everything was connected

Even if they are properly connected...The cables may not be adjusted to the correct settings...basically you'll have to disconnect the cable..Move the valve thing all the way to hot, match that with the heat knob all the way hot, and re-connect...A lot of people pull the cable during audio install, then they mess around with the knobs during re-install, and everything gets all whacked...It's super easy to do, but hard to describe...

what you could do is jump under your dash (drivers side) with your car off and rotate your thermostat control to full heat then to full cold and you should see a stiff wire (not a cable) that runs from your thermostat controls towards the firewall and it operates a set of white levers . you should be able to see this from under your dash as well you should be able to hear the "flaps" opening and closing with in your ac unit . if not the end of the wire has a loop that simply snaps back on to a plastic point of the levers. try that.
'

What they said............Climate control rescue #347565575484843948039024234723.........LOL

i checked the wiring, everything looks fine...

it seems like the valve things and cables are fine in how they're set

can someone show me some pics of where they should be for hot/cold

Bit of a side track, but it gets down to 20 degrees in Atlanta? Thats like -7 in metric. Thats not too much warmer than it is in southern ontario right now.

agina off topic, it's supposed to be in the 30's and with wind (est. 25mph all day) it should feel like mid 20's here in FL in the morning... anyways...
i had the same problem with my p5 last year and it was what everyone is saying, they were not aligned properly. it took me a few tries to get it right, but i would say just mess wit it a little and see what happens.

Back