heater dont work???

Also...I posted up about this issue a while ago and passadena_commute posted this link showing what the assembly looks like behind the glove box:

http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55382.

It helped me a lot as to knowing where the clip was. I also see that that post got modified into a whole How-to with a lot of great information.

Here is also a diagram of the wiring, etc:

http://protege5.ugly.net/07-40.PDF.

And, lastly, here is a link to my original thread when my heater was having major issues:

http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123651453

There was a lot of helpful information posted there, too. It's such a simple problem and is easy to fix. I believe we used a tie-strap & super glue to keep it in place since I had so many things (XM parts & wires) behind my stereo.

I hope that helps you out.

cable1.jpg

so where is the clip? is it the spring going around the white piece of plastic that the arrows are pointing two?

Starting from the loop go to the end of the wire (where the black sheath meets the wire) then two more CM that black thing is the clip. Pixy talked about using a zip tie there if it has popped off.

ok i saw what everybody was talking about. i saw the clip that slides in the black part, but i notice it was in. everything looks fine.

i notice another problem today as well, maybe the heater has something to do with it. the button that does not let air come in does not work, the button only works for letting air in and not for not letting air in. any ideas??? im starting to get anoyed....

ok nevermind, i looked at it agian it was a black clip that holds the wire in place and it connects to the white part, it wasent in the grooves so when you turn the temp. knob the wire would not pull the white thing all the way up. it fixed both problems. thanks for the help guys!

jamesk said:
ok i saw what everybody was talking about. i saw the clip that slides in the black part, but i notice it was in. everything looks fine.

i notice another problem today as well, maybe the heater has something to do with it. the button that does not let air come in does not work, the button only works for letting air in and not for not letting air in. any ideas??? im starting to get anoyed....

When you use the defroster or the defroster/feet postions, it won't let you use recirculating air, it will only allow you to use the outside air. That is the way it is set up.

jamesk said:
ok nevermind, i looked at it agian it was a black clip that holds the wire in place and it connects to the white part, it wasent in the grooves so when you turn the temp. knob the wire would not pull the white thing all the way up. it fixed both problems. thanks for the help guys!

YAY! It's such a simple fix, but it's a pain when it's not working. LOL!

jamesk said:

Good. I just fixed mine (again) last night. Happened to me a couple of years back as well.

It makes me so happy when a little forum experience can save somebody all the time in the world...Plus a ton of shop expenses...Could you imagine paying forty bucks for a guy to hunt around and tell you your heater core is out when it's just your f'in cable disconnected...hahaha....

Back