Heat Soak? Boost leak? WTF?

Rican219

:
MazdaSpeed 6
Ok so I know that the heat soak issue is a big deal with having a TMIC. I upgraded mine a few months back to the 3.5 TMIC.
My questions is lately in Atlanta heat index has been up to 105 to 110 degrees. When I first put on my TMIC (untuned and other bolt ons TBE ect ect) I would spike at 18.5 psi and it would seattle down to 15.5 or 16 PSI. That was awesome. Lately I can't pull anything better then 10 or 12 psi?........ WTH?! Think I have a boost leak? Is it really that hot and my car hates it? What do I do?

Tunerfest is this Saturday (Here in Atl) and will be huge but now I'm afraid to run my car because I think I may get blown away by a Hyundai Accent with the way it has been running. Ideas?

I dont know how powerful the ECU is, but can the ECU limit boost in the MS6 because it is trying to prevent detonation/knock? At temps like that, especially in dry heat, detonation is very likely. Do you see any different boost at night when the temps drop off?

I dont know how powerful the ECU is, but can the ECU limit boost in the MS6 because it is trying to prevent detonation/knock? At temps like that, especially in dry heat, detonation is very likely. Do you see any different boost at night when the temps drop off?

Well it did just rain last night here finally and my car was running like a champ again. Man regard less of the upgrades you do the car really runs like absolute crap in the heat. It's crazy at the difference.

I agree. Now that it is summer, my car has lost some of its grunt power. In the winter, I could spin all 4 and now there is only a small chirp. You can tell the difference when there is more heat getting to the engine.

Back