headunit wiring question: rca jack

haha, i think 5 of the current top 10 threads are me asking questions. well i do search before i ask!

so i bought my mp3 from a kid who was all about putting dvd, playstation, video monitors, etc in the car. he removed all of it before i bought, including the headunit. so i bought a kenwood kdc-m5028 http://www.crutchfield.com/S-3ik5AmTO8Cj/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=62700&I=113MP5028 mp3 player to put into the car. i'm no audio gear geek, so here's my question...

in the port where the headunit is installed, there are 3 wires - oem wire harness, antenna cable, and a pair of rca cables. do the rca cables operate the subwoofer? from the limited topics of this site, i would guess they are just left over from the prior owner's electronics fetish and don't serve any purpose to me.

my new headunit has rca cables extending from it too. from the directions, these are to operate AUX stuff (which i don't have) and not for use with the rca cables already in the car.

is my guess correct? i'll just use a little electrical tape and secure them away in there. thanks again!

Back