Headlight Blubs

jR.

:
07 Black Mazda 6i
Yeah so my driver side went out last night,
out of walmart and autozone, which set of blubs should I get from those two stores?
Thanks for the help.

yeah I should have put that down, I meant what brand, type, and size.
But the size I can just look up at the store.

Siverstars are a complete waste of $$$$..

Regular bulbs are perfect unless yoyu have a couple hundred for HID (Like in my signature)

They are 3 times the cost and are not built any stronger or durable than regular.

They claim to have a better output, but tests have proven that the wattage is the same and the lumens are the same, the only diference is a mild blue coating on the glass that makes the light seem white-ish

Just get the regular bulbs. From what I've been reading it don't matter anyway these cars go through bulbs like crazy.

If you want a better light output I say silverstar. I personally noticed a small but noticeable difference in light output over stock. If you want hid like bulbs I say go mtec cosmos blue. If you order them from mtec store on ebay they come with a lifetime warranty but I doubt youll find these in any of the stores you just listed.

JoshP5 said:
If you want quality replacement bulbs get Osram H7s. They're available here.

x2, but be warned that you may be flashed by oncoming cars. These things are bright.

btw jR, if you are a Giants fan, why do you have Steve Smith in your sig? Just curious.

Regular bulbs are fine, I like my osram silverstars because they're a bit brighter but don't have that nasty bright blue/purple HID wannabe look. But seeing as your light is already dead you'll probably want to get it now.

JoshP5 said:

These may be by next bulbs if this new set of Silverstars $hits on me. Replaced the DS a couple of weeks ago and I gotta replace my PS this weekend (gotta wait due to bumper removal....long story).

Brian MP5T said:
They are 3 times the cost and are not built any stronger or durable than regular.

They claim to have a better output, but tests have proven that the wattage is the same and the lumens are the same, the only diference is a mild blue coating on the glass that makes the light seem white-ish

Should the wattage not be the same? If you put in a bulb with higher wattage your asking for problems. And these silverstars are brighter than stock bulbs.(shocked) You life in Canada Brian MP5T, go to Crappy Tire, they have a year warranty on these bulbs. I must say they don't last long, but I think that's the P5's fault:)

mauibuilt said:
Should the wattage not be the same? If you put in a bulb with higher wattage your asking for problems. And these silverstars are brighter than stock bulbs.(shocked) You life in Canada Brian MP5T, go to Crappy Tire, they have a year warranty on these bulbs. I must say they don't last long, but I think that's the P5's fault:)

They are a Ripoff...

I Have 8000 Kelvin HID on all three of my cars so I don't think that Canadian Tire can help me if they ever burn out..

JoshP5 said:

+1

i prefer the Phillips Vision plus, have them in both bikes.

the OSRAM silverstar (euro) is diff. then the sylvannia silverstars (U.S. spec)

and i;ve ordered at least 3-4 sets of bulbs from powerbulbs.com, good outfit.

I know i'm about to get flamed but...
Get a set from ebay, I just did about a week ago and love them all for $22.00 shipped with a lifetime warranty.
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

I know it says they're for a volvo, but they're H7's which will fit our low beams.

Here is a before pic with the left headlight burnt out:
StockHeadlights-Leftburntout.jpg

Here is an after shot with the new headlights:
EbayXeonWhiteLaser.jpg

Before front the front:
P1010157.jpg

After from the front:
HeadlightsFront.jpg

I think they are great for the price.

What do you guys think?

Latest posts

Back