Headlight Alignment

Storm

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
In reading a ton of posts on blown headlights, I've seen that I'm not the only one with silverstar issues.

In one of my many headlight replacements, I've knocked the driver side headlight out of alignment. I've looked on the forums and can't find anywhere on how to align them. I know it should be an easy task, but I'll be damned if I can't figure it out!

I was getting used to people flashing thier highs at me at night when I bought my P5, but damn has is gotten worse!

Thanks in advance!

The headlight housings are bolted in there pretty good, I doubt you've 'bumped' it out of alignment. Make sure your bulbs are seated properly.

thrasher said:
The headlight housings are bolted in there pretty good, I doubt you've 'bumped' it out of alignment. Make sure your bulbs are seated properly.

Yes, unless the headlight is physically not mounted to the car properly, it's hard for them to just suddenly get out of alignment. since you've said you've changed bulbs, I'm willing to bet they aren't seated perfectly. This I can also take picture examples of tonight (a picture of what a slightly misaligned bulb looks like and what it should look like.. it's something you have to look into the front of the headlight to see. The base of the bulb that you can see through the front should be totally flat, flush, and sealed up against the reflector.

Back