94-135 Farrington Hwy
Waipahu, HI 96797

If you want to enter your car for the car show please e-mail:
Mazdafesthawaii@gmail.com by May 4th, 2011 with your

NAME:
CAR Year/Make/Model:
Contact Phone Number:
Contact E-mail (optional):

We will be using this information to organize people for the car show, so it will be a little bit more organize this year, rather than somebody just setting up their stuff immediately before everyone was able to get there. We need contact information to update you on your location, roll in times, and fees. At the moment, there is no fees that are required. If the dealership doesn't pay for something that we think we need, then we will be instilling fees. We will be letting you know if there are fees required before the car registration deadline. The reason the deadline is in a month is that we need categories and set up trophies a month ahead.

If you think you can have someone sponsor something or help support this group. Please send me or Taka a PM about it.

Me and Taka are coordinating MazdaFest with the General Manager of Cutter Mazda. Katsu is observing and managing somethings on the side. So, if you have any comments, questions, or concerns, please contact Me or Taka.

Attached is our prelim flier. Again don't be shy, come out, enter your car and have fun. We are expecting to have cash prizes, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places. Drift RC, entertainment, band, and fun. Spread the word for July 10, 2011.

NOTE: You don't need to drive a Mazda to come, just enjoy some cars, some company, and some fun!

Last edited:
Forgot to attach flier.

Attachments

• MazdaFestFlyer.jpg
    MazdaFestFlyer.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 109
Sorry about the lateness and making it seem flaky but we are working behind the scenes. Actually, most of the talk is at the Monthly Mazda Meets, and we post for MazdaFest talks over there too. I'm saving this thread for big announcements. Again, sorry but we are only human. We are all busy with our personal lives, and me and Taka are touch and go with MazdaFest. The major holds up is getting contact with the dealership. It is still going down and actually here some big update.

NEW UPDATE!

We are going to EXTEND the deadline for car registration to June 29, 2011.

Again just e-mail:
Mazdafesthawaii@gmail.com

NAME:
CAR Year Model:
Contact Phone Number:
Contact E-mail (optional):

Obvious, every one will have a Mazda make so no need to worry about that. The reason we had such a earlier deadline is because we were trying to determine how many trophies we would be need. The dealership is willing to sponsor 1st, 2nd, and 3rd trophies (and maybe cash prizes <-- don't rely that as your income) if and only if there is enough participation. Right now here is the numbers:

Mazdaspeed (7)
Protege (1)
Mazda 6 (1)
Mazda 3 (1)
Rotary (3)

For the Mazdaspeed, there will be a definite 1st, 2nd, and 3rd trophies. There will be also trophy for the best Mazda. For the other categories, we might need to bunch them up unless you get more people involve. This is where you, the viewer, can get involve.

SPREAD THE WORD. Get people to register. We will be distributing fliers soon to various stores. The fliers I had copied are from the Mazda Enthusiast of Hawaii fund. You are welcome to print out the flier and make copies and pass it out. If you work guard duty at a parking place, and see a nice Mazda, pass a flier out! If you see a guy wearing a Mazda shirt, pass it on. Saw a guy rolling in a Mazda to watch Fast Five, let'em know. Come down to the Mazda Meet and get some fliers. Spread the word, and make this event big enough that the big corporations noticed it. That means more money, bigger event, and more things to do. So lets make this bigger then last year.

What is also confirmed is that DRIFT RC will be, so bring your RC drifting cars to their track.

If you are wondering why we aren't doing the "come down with your Mazda and park" and you get automatically in the show, well if you been there, it was a bit disorganized, and a bit chaotic for my taste. Again, you are welcome to come down with your vehicle, but don't expect to be placed in a favorable area or we will be moving you quite often so we can place the vehicles that did register in that spot. It also allows us to see how we can set up the show to allow more foot traffic, more attention, and better way to show off for the dealership.

E-mail your comments, questions, or concerns. Look us up on Facebook, and let us know!

Important Update

We need a head count of who is coming. Please let us know if your thinking of coming or stopping by with your car. You don't need to enter the car show, we just need to know if you are bringing in your ride, or coming at all.

You can let us know by e-mailing us at Mazdafesthawaii@gmail.com or just post in this thread if you are coming. (At least by June 29th)

The reason for this is to have a estimate of how many people are attending this MazdaFest. How much food to provide, prizes and such. Let us know, so that we can accommodate you and your car.

Update:

This is tentative, and I am going off from last year’s run down.

For those who are in the car show, roll in at 10:00 AM at Cutter Mazda Waipahu, Sunday July 10, 2011. Actual show will start at 11:00 AM till 03:00 PM. Judging will be held from start till 01:30 PM and be done by the public, so ask people to come and vote on the cars! Award show will start after the tally of votes. We will have a designated place to put ballots, and at the MazdaFest Coordinators will be passing out the ballots or there is a place to pick up ballots. We are going on a honor system, so no double voting please.

What we got confirmed in terms of logistics:

For any other Mazda Drive that does not want to be included in the show but still want to show up for Mazda Fest, you may park in the lot if space is available. As the date gets closer, and when we get an actual confirmation of the space we got, then we will providing a diagram of where the different models can park. Your welcome to come out and show off your car and not be in the car show.

Food is provided by Hula Shrimp co.

Sounds is provided by 104.3

RC Drift will be there and you can drift your RC, and possibly use their RCs. The dealership maybe also be supplying a bounce house.

The trophy categories are: Protege, Rotary Powered, Miata, Mazda 3, Mazda 5, Mazda 6, and MazdaSpeed

If you are thinking of coming down for MazdaFest, and still want to be in the show, let us know and we can arrange something. For those who registered will be placed in designated stalls. The benefit of registration is that you will be group together and if you are left out due to parking constraints, no one would see or notice your car.

That’s it for now, let me know any comments, questions, or concerns.

Sorry all, I made a few mistakes in the update. So yes its, Sunday July 10th, 2011. . . and Taka says that roll in time is at 10:00, so at 10 unless changed.

Last edited:
Tentative parking layout, possible changes on the day of the event, and it isn't drawn to scale. Its just so everyone kinda know where they will be setting up. We will be issuing out the "numbers" to those who register. If you still want to be in the show, we'll see where we can put you.

003.jpg

So I have heard that the Radio station isn't able to make it tomorrow. Does anybody know anyone who can provide sounds for entertainment? Other than that, we will start the event around 11 with a announcement in the front of the office. Again judging is by the people, so don't forget to pick up a ballot. There will be a box to collect the ballots.

The event was a success again as usual. I didn't announce it but I am an independent AMSoil dealer so if anyone needs any AMSoil products I can get them & will give a discount too. I carry mostly the 6 month/10k mile oil but can get the year signature series 1 year oil too. I can get anything on the AMSoil site though. Just let me know.

Back