Having a serious problem with updated Cobb map

09speed3

:
09 speed 3 gt
Alright it all starts back when the 105 versions came out. My car is a 2009

I was using the 104 stage 2+sf fmic 93 map and everything was fine for about 5k miles no engine light or anything then the 105 maps came out and I uploaded the map and about 20 miles down the road I get a check engine light for the front 02 sensor(p2115 I believe) so I reset the code and watched my a/f and after about 3 start ups I noticed my a/f got stuck at 14.8 on my accessport and wouldn't move and immediately my light came on for the exact same thing. So I emailed Cobb and they told me my front 02 sensor was bad so instead I put my 104 ots map back on and 10k miles later it never came on. Then 2 days ago I decided to put the 107 map on and what do u know same thing is happening the a/f stays at 14.8 and the light comes right back on. Now idk what the heck is going but it really sucks I can't go past the 104 maps.

Please lmk what u think could be the culprit.

And sorry in advance if this post looks bad it's because I'm doing this on my phone.

Hmm, I highly doubt that your O2 sensor is malfunctioning. Are you seeing frequent black smoke coming out of your exhaust? Are you getting hesitation while accelerating? When your car is idling is it shaky? If you have those symptoms then yeah, something is most likely wrong with your sensor. The fact that it's freezing at 14.8 and then you get a check engine light would suggest that there's a communication error between the sensor and the ECU, so I can see why Cobb would say your sensor is busted. I would suggest going back to the stock map and see what happens. If no CELs come on than it has to suggest that it has something to do with Cobb maps.

Ok I uninstalled the ap and put the stock map back on and started up the car and wow same crap 14.8 afr. So I don't know how the heck this happened from changing maps. This is rediculous.

Car idles fine. No black smoke or backfiring.

sounds very similar to what my pos was doing a while back while still under warranty, plus it was idling strange at times and i could tell a good power loss while driving....AND it wasnt even tuned other than intake, bpv and test pipe. Trip to the stealership resulted in a bad o2 sensor...may have even been both - cant remember.

It does sound like its a bad O2 sensor, 14.7-14.8 is basically the default for it meaning that it isn't reading correctly. Its either a wiring problem (check to make sure the wires aren't burnt) or just a bad sensor.

i know the upper one (wideband) may be a (butthump) to remove...see if anything changes on the readings or how the car behaves when u just unplug it

and btw it doesnt have to do anything with changing maps, just a random failure of another crappy part...mine failed after I installed the turbo inlet pipe (uhm)

Last edited:
Ok just looked at the wires and everything is fine. Looks like I'm gonna have to bring it to Mazda to see if they will cover it under warranty.

Wish me luck....

Ok just looked at the wires and everything is fine. Looks like I'm gonna have to bring it to Mazda to see if they will cover it under warranty.

Wish me luck....

Eeck, much luck, just looking at your mod list makes me nervous tho. If they don't cover it don't have them replace it, take it somewhere else.

If they don't cover it I'll just do it myself. It's so easy to get to probably would take me 20 minutes tops to do. It's just the cost that I'm hoping not to have to buy.

Ok so last night I reset the computer and drove it to work this morning and I have the Cobb ap unmarried. Now the afr work again and the check engine light isn't coming on.

Does this mean my 02 is taking a dump or that it's actually the Cobb ap

Back