Have you claimed your money yet?

big_ben

Contributor
There is a settlement for a class action lawsuit against the large CD manufacturers. I just saw it on the news. You don't even have to have a reciept. They said nation wide only abut 30,000 people have filed claims. You can get only up to $20, but so what, it's $20 less than those large companies will have. Hell, it may even put them out of business. Anyway, go file your claim.

www.musiccdsettlement.com

The only thing that sucks is they probably weren't required to have a high speed site, because it's DAMN SLOW. Crooked bastards!

No, it's real. I saw it on the local Dallas News last night. The site isn't as slow as I thought though. But the amount you get back depends on how many people file their claim. I didn't read that last night. So I guess I shouldn't have said anything about it. If lots of people file a claim, and the amount you get backturn out to be less than $5, it will go to a charity.

And that charity is likely run by these large companies, and they will probably just get the money back. Crooked bastards!

I filled it out. I heard an advertisement for that on a local radio station a couple weeks ago but i didn't get the website name. I guess i have nothing to lose, except maybe now ill be getting more junk mail.

Eh, the music industry is slumping enough as it is. If I want $20 I'll just work an hour overtime.

I wish the music industry would just go under. I hate the music industry the way it is now. They only put out pre-packaged teeny bopper bubble gum pop or completely bad rap or hip hop. None of it sounds good at all. These people have no talent. The only reason they get signed is because they are marketable.

i wouldnt mind being a pre-packaged teeny...etc.. pop star...someone sign me on their label! :D

big_ben said:
I wish the music industry would just go under. I hate the music industry the way it is now. They only put out pre-packaged teeny bopper bubble gum pop or completely bad rap or hip hop. None of it sounds good at all. These people have no talent. The only reason they get signed is because they are marketable.

Back