hat1018's build thread

I really don't want the harsh ride that comes along with them.

I don't think I've been in a car yet that I thought "man, this is too harsh." Even when Pablo forgot to turn his BC's off of full stiff after leaving the Mitty, it wasn't that bad. I'm pretty sure we got air over an expansion gap on a bridge, but I thought it was just 'stiff' not harsh. I know not many agree with me in that respect, though. ;)

I even told Larry, "I better take pics so Josh doesn't b****..." lulz.

Oh he'll find something else! :D

That would be mine. Going to remedy that in July/August when I buy my Eibach springs. The 205-40-17's might have a little to do with it looking like a 4x4. lol. Thanks alot for the kind words.

Last edited:
Ok, so the plan is to paint my valve cover white. Do I really need to spend ~$30 on a valve cover gasket set, or will I be able to re-use the old one?

You may be able to get away with using it again, but the odds really aren't in your favor there. I've gotten lucky with the Honda, reusing the valve cover gasket, but I wouldn't recommend chancing fate. It makes a big ass mess if they dont decide to seal right.

If you replaced it now, then did your timing belt this year, it'd probably have a good shot at being reusable then, since there won't be many miles on it.

Thanks guys for confirming my thoughts/fears. Oh well, gotta do whatcha gotta do right?

You can always just mask it off too. I masked mine off when I painted it black and it came out just fine. Takes a little while to get around everything with the tape and newspaper but it's free.

Just replace it where are yu buying it fo 30$ thats way to much

My nearest NAPA. I haven't checked anywhere else yet.

Tape doesn't stick well to oil. Lol! But on the other hand neither does paint. It is an option though. I still want to change the timing belt since I have no idea if it was changed when the engine was replaced. I would have done it but I didn't own it then.

yeah change it for self assurance and damn napa must be expensive lawl. my windage tray gasket is leaking but im about to take my oilpan off for turbo return so ill just take the windage off and new gasket both while im there. haha do you know anything about taking the windage tray off or the torque specs on the bolts?

I am having an issue with my car. There is a vibration/noise from the rear of the car. Problem is it only happens when it rains hard and there is standing water on the road. It makes no sense to me. Has any one else had a similar issue, and a solution?

I thought that might be the problem, but the tires have no excess or odd wear.

Damn! It has been almost a year since I have posted in here. LOL!

I did replace 2 of 4 motor mounts. I went with a set from the "not to be mentioned" supplier. Front and drivers side are done need to find time for the other 2.

Getting ready to order struts, upper strut mounts, front and rear end links, LCA's, then find a place to install them and the lowering springs. I might have them install the rear motor mount too just to save myself the headache.

Back