Has anybody tried these?

Here are the pics of the beam pattern:

Attachments

• copy (2) of my pictures0005.jpg
    copy (2) of my pictures0005.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 225
Looks interesting, but I think the end result looks stupid in the sedan headlights. These really belong in the P5 headlights & then they would actually look AND perform better than the sedan version.

damn those are tight...and i agree...if they could do them for the p5 headlights, i'd probly be sold if i had the $$...i already plan on doing the headlight conversion...its gonna be interesting. cant wait for my damn $$ to get here...arghhh...

is the headlights smoked? it looks to blury to see if it is. so what the cost of the headlights? hope cheaper the oem

Where in woodinville are you, Im in redmond, live on Willows and work over on novelty hill East of Avondale. Im at the redhook brewery alot =)

Should come to the next WA meet, would love to see those headlights in person, been thinking of doing a low beam conversion on my p5.

The beam pattern actually looks alright with those.

The thing to note though is that they are both low beam and highbeam in the same housing!!

Cool deal, and pics of the car?

p5sundevil said:
Where in woodinville are you, Im in redmond, live on Willows and work over on novelty hill East of Avondale. Im at the redhook brewery alot =)

Should come to the next WA meet, would love to see those headlights in person, been thinking of doing a low beam conversion on my p5.
Live in the Cottage Lake area. Let me know when the next meet is and I will see if I can make it

Those things are a rip off. You'll see what I'm doing and it's way more cleanly done. All they do with them there is Drill a circle in the headlight and put them in. I would be affraid of getting these because more than likely the projector sits outside the light housing and you all know there isn't all that much room behind the passenger side headlight. The way I'm doing mine are way better IMO and you'll see why when I'm done with them. The whole projector sits inside the housing and the only thing sitting out is the base of the D2S capsule. The effect of this is two fold
1)You are guaranteed good fitment and sealing of the light
2)The light sits further out towards the lense so you get a wider beam spread. Take a look at BMW's and notice how close the projector lense is to the housing lense. If you have the projector sitting inside that far you'll get some of the beam reflecting off the chrome bezels that suffound the reflectors.
here is just a picture I have from a long time ago. I'll have the project and full write up for a How to in a week till then here you go.
beamcutoff1.jpg

Back