hardcore custom fabrication

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aAQjdpfMLRc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aAQjdpfMLRc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I could definitely hear that turbo a lot more than I hear mine. Those gauges are pretty sick. Oh and did you know you sound like Red from "Pineapple Express"???

ya thats weird when i heard myself on the video it sounds completely different than what i thought my voice sounded like hahaha...and ya ill see if i can get someone to get a video from outside the car so maybe you can get the full effect

ill make a good thread this saturday with all up to date pics of the car and setup and everything.. (going to a photoshoot meet)

PICTURES!! project winding up, tell me what you think

IMG_0706.jpg

tacked floating flanges, target is made next..

IMG_0705.jpg

tacked downpipe, made of 3.2"ID piping, slightly modified :D, the flange is personally made and the tapered compression piece was lathed, will fit stock or 3" as soon as i can purchase it

IMG_0701.jpg

new downpipe (pre-welded) next to the old stock piece

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0702.jpg

i decided to leave the flange on the downpipe to the turbo kind of rough, i just cut it with an oxy-aceteline torch and cleaned it up minimally,

sorry i cant find any pictures of my manifold before i welded it but heres the finished product with an 1800F coating on both it and the downpipe, then i wrapped them with the header-wrap

DSCN0509.jpg

DSCN0509.jpg

DSCN0516.jpg

DSCN0510.jpg

DSCN0518.jpg

DSCN0521.jpg

DSCN0519.jpg

the weight difference is incredible, i lose 9lbs on the downpipe and 7lb for the manifold.. after installation i notice an increase in boost pressure (without messing with my bov or wastegate) and MUCH faster turbo spool.. im waiting to get a wee bit more cash to finish my exhaust system and ill probably double my boost $$ :D

after a week of running and some overheating problems, i think my bugs are worked out and i have just installed my ssafc/tc, and went a little different route installing it too..
DSCN0693.jpg

i placed it here, ziptied it to the panel itself and it sits nicely out of the way, even if i wish to rest my foot off the clutch, and i dont let anyone else drive it really so i think it will be fine :p the serial port is also (accessible)
DSCN0694.jpg

wired just underneath the carpet behind the pedals
DSCN0695.jpg

thats it for the time being, more to come for sure!! comments/criticisim/and all passer-bys welcome

want to make me one of those ???

i dont know about production, i had to change quite a few things like the coolant hard-lines from the turbo, the manifold and downpipe must be made together, and the return oil line was modified

it would be alot of work, maybe i can get a welder i know to make some.. we havent had any work for him as of recently and even if it doesnt profit alot for me, it would be some work! :D

yeah i really do feel good driving it now, its been a long time, ive been really busy at work but man it feels like a new car! i cant wait to open my exhaust and up the boost! :D

Back