hard shifting PLEASE HELP

MZDA6NJ

:
2007 MazdaSpeed 6 Black Mica
hey guys,

I have had my MS6 for around 1000 miles now and I am noticing something i dont like. Granted it took me some time to get used to the clutch, it seems like now it is getting harder to shifting. Meaning physically the stick is harder to move. Its not as smooth as it used to be (could totally be me). It almost feels like it is rubbing or hitting bumps in between gears (the actual shifting). is this just bad driving? or is this something to be worried about?

Thanks guys

Did you removed the inertial mass on the linkage? have you tried the clutch adjustment mod? Smell burning friction material?

i havent tried or done any of that stuff...i was going to to see if it helped...it sucks

I had some stubbornness in shifting that went away when I changed my tranny fluid to Redline MT-90. 2nd gear in particular would just refuse to engage during 'spirited' driving and it hasn't acted up once since the change.

i found that sometimes when pulling down from 1st to 2nd and i am also pulling to much to the left it will feel like there is resistance. but if i just move it as to let it flow into 2nd i dont have any problems.

i found that sometimes when pulling down from 1st to 2nd and i am also pulling to much to the left it will feel like there is resistance. but if i just move it as to let it flow into 2nd i dont have any problems.

The resistance you are feeling is the pin on the shifter rubbing on the plastic gaurd under the shift boot. The whole press down then shift to reverse gaurd is what i'm reffering too. its discussed elsewhere on here.

Back