hard pipe set-up question

M_S_P_2_0_0_3

:
mazdaspeed protege
some one told me and ive seen the same set up with no hose going from the cai to the turbo/intercooler pipe. they said it was useless. and the hose comming out from the side of the engine was useless and they put a small air filter on it. so whats up with this??? is it true??? the ppl who told had it done to their msp. when the first hard piping kit came out i bought it and they told me to reconnect where there was no hoses. so i did.

Attachments

• side hose.JPG
    side hose.JPG
    382.6 KB · Views: 767
  • this hose.JPG
    this hose.JPG
    330.9 KB · Views: 793
  • other hose.JPG
    other hose.JPG
    329.6 KB · Views: 756
M_S_P_2_0_0_3 said:
some one told me and ive seen the same set up with no hose going from the cai to the turbo/intercooler pipe. they said it was useless. and the hose comming out from the side of the engine was useless and they put a small air filter on it. so whats up with this??? is it true??? the ppl who told had it done to their msp. when the first hard piping kit came out i bought it and they told me to reconnect where there was no hoses. so i did.

the one from the engine you can put a lil filter on but if you didnt have the other one your MAF would kill ur engine... unless you pluged both of them?

What kind of setup are you running? Are you venting the HKS to the atmosphere? If so, are you running a dual setup, with the stock BPV and the HKS? I do not see a stock BPV in the pictures, it looks like you are running a straight hose in its place. If so, you need to either plug both ends and run only the BOV (you may have stalling issues), use the stock BPV and the BOV (still, you may have stalling issues, but not as bad), recirculate the HKS 100% (no stalling) or run only the HKS and relocate the MAF. If you are runnin a staight hose from the IC pipe to the Injen, you would not be able to build boost worth a s***.

so if i plug up the 2 ends where i got the hose it will be fine or better? wonder why they told me to do that. what is the difference between recirculating and venting by means of performance? which is better? thanks to you both for the help

M_S_P_2_0_0_3 said:
so if i plug up the 2 ends where i got the hose it will be fine or better? wonder why they told me to do that. what is the difference between recirculating and venting by means of performance? which is better? thanks to you both for the help
Yea i was looking for your Bypass Valve, dont see it...is your car running like s***? I am venting to atmosphere and it runs ok but i have read that the dual setup with the bypass recirculating and the BOV venting is pretty good. I am only venting, but have a boostsciences BPV on the way to run the dual setup. Where you have the hose i plugged it until i get the BPV, then ill unplug and run the hose in/out of the bpv...look it up, dual valve setup and read about it, its really the only way to get the nice blowoff sound along with not stalling because the bpv is recirculating.

Attachments

• S4021204.JPG
    S4021204.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 725
  • S4021205.JPG
    S4021205.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 728
M_S_P_2_0_0_3 said:
so just tee off the vac line going to the bov?
dude, you have alot of nice mods, im surprised you didnt know about that! the difference is night and day huh?

Back