Happy 3rd Bday to my baby

ElGaspo

Contributor
:
2007 Mazdaspeed3 GT
Bought her w/ 7 mi on the clock March 31 2007. Now has 8,6xx miles and nary a problem. Hasn't burned 1 drop of oil in 3000 mi oil change intervals. All work done is purely optional. Latest install is an oil catch can. So far so good w/ that one, 2 wks into it and no real drainage. Keep you posted...

I think it's refreshing to see positive posts about the MS3 instead of [some of] the usual horror stories. Always glad to hear of fellow MS3ers enjoying theirs as much as I do mine. Happy motoring, now that spring has finally sprung! (drive)

Also just found out about a new seldom-used toll road that has long sweeping curves and little to no traffic. Can't go crazy cause it is patrolled, but one can still punch it occasionally and, alas, too temporarily... (drive2)

wow, 8,600 miles in 3 years...? Whats the point of having a car? Also, doubt your going to see any issues, considering 8,600 miles is barely broken in.

haha year and a half with 36,000. holla!

yes. thank you. Why would you ever own a car and mod it only to drive 2,866 miles a year? That just seems like a waste of money to me. I put over 10,000 miles a year on mine, and compared to some people, thats not even that many.

Wow..yeah Low miles for 3 years. The engine is barely broken in, so it better not burn oil! lol............ its 1 year for me..im at 16,000 miles.

Happy Bday

My 07 MS3 will be three this summer and right now I hve 22,000 miles with a new set of Hankook Ventus V12s, (lovin these tires). I have a MSCAI that all removed my turbo lag and just installed a COBB rear sway. My OCC came in the mail last week but have not installed it yet. No major work other than a MM recall. Just switched to Pennzoil Platinum last oil change. So far so good and looks like he same for you!

Thanx for all the love, fellas! Esp to the ones who drive 20+k mi/yr. Sorry you guys didn't do too well in Econ 101, but I was taught to buy a house very close to work. My daily round trip is 5.4 mi, and that's the way I like it. Now, you want to commute 100+ mi/day, that's why this is a grrrreat country, everybody is free to do what s/he likes. You're free to drive around aimlessly and I'm free to enjoy the dividends + cap gains on my XOM, CVX, and HES holdings...

Now get out there & drive and make me some $$$$$ mwa ha ha (hah)

Thanx for all the love, fellas! Esp to the ones who drive 20+k mi/yr. Sorry you guys didn't do too well in Econ 101, but I was taught to buy a house very close to work. My daily round trip is 5.4 mi, and that's the way I like it. Now, you want to commute 100+ mi/day, that's why this is a grrrreat country, everybody is free to do what s/he likes. You're free to drive around aimlessly and I'm free to enjoy the dividends + cap gains on my XOM, CVX, and HES holdings...

i will, b****(fu):p

mine is 4.4 HA HA

That's nice that your house is so close to work, but a 5 mile commute is far from the norm in the U.S. Back in 2007 I heard the average commute round trip is somewhere around 45 minutes.

Why does it matter if he doesn't drive his car much? It seems to work out just fine for him. No need to flame, at least not this time.

Happy 3 years, OP. :)

I'm actually slightly envious. I wish I only had a 5 mile drive. Then again mine is only 20 miles but that's one way. I prefer to drive her spiritedly on the highway and just goofing off. Not to work where I have to look at her sitting in the parking lot all day.

Congrats (beer)

damn, I've only had mine for 4 months and I've already put 5k miles on it. I work 5 miles away from my house too, granted I did take a 1kmile roadtrip over spring break

My commute is just under sixteen miles round trip. The problem with short drives is sludge and poor battery life. I'm at 23 months now and I may be at 16,500 when the two-year anniversary rolls around. I try to take it out on the interstate a time or two each month to burn off the results of the short, low-speed commute.

Back