Hampton Roads Mazda (HRM) Future Meet Ideas...

jonespm

Contributor
:
07 MS3
OK Hampton, its been a while... thought i was leaving the area but i guess im staying here now, so down to business, im getting to many complaints that i have been slacking in this area so im getting ready to set up the next meet here shortly. With all the Auto Cross' going on its going to be a little difficult to get everyone together for a large meet but I'm gonna get something together. So any ideas, Install days, BBQ, Cruise, anything that anyone might have in mind. Feel free to post em up and give dates for when you might be free.

Please keep it at least two weeks from thread start date to give everyone enough time to get their crap together so we can get as many to show as possible.

Last edited:
I had suggested a Jamestown-fairy/Williamsburg/Colonial-Parkway cruise a while back that seemed to get some interest but it was still cold out at the time. I think it would be a good time and opportunity to hang out a bit and get some good shots of everybody's cars. Especially now that the weather is nice and the pollen is pretty much over with.

Most def, leighland had been wanting to do a Surry meet as well. im down for it, would most likely have to be an all day event.

I was thinking the same thing as well. I figured meet up in the Surry/Smithfield area in the morning sometime. Take a drive and hit the ferry. Do lunch somewhere in Williamsburg and maybe just cruise a bit. Then in the afternoon, go back along the Parkway and grab some pictures somewhere. Then maybe dinner somewhere as well. I figure it could be kind of like a rolling-meet. People can meet us somewhere, stay with the group as long as they want, and then leave whenever they want. I figure not everyone will be able to devote an entire day to it, but if they just want to make it out for lunch or to take some pics, then that would be fine.

I was thinking the same thing as well. I figured meet up in the Surry/Smithfield area in the morning sometime. Take a drive and hit the ferry. Do lunch somewhere in Williamsburg and maybe just cruise a bit. Then in the afternoon, go back along the Parkway and grab some pictures somewhere. Then maybe dinner somewhere as well. I figure it could be kind of like a rolling-meet. People can meet us somewhere, stay with the group as long as they want, and then leave whenever they want. I figure not everyone will be able to devote an entire day to it, but if they just want to make it out for lunch or to take some pics, then that would be fine.

your on a roll now... look around for places to eat for lunch and dinner... ill look around and see what i can find and ill get with leighland and jason and see what they say about the meet, then post it up here.

I know this is a bit short notice, but a bunch of the guys from the peninsula are gonna come out to Wacky Wednesday's tomorrow.

quaker steak to eat? meet sounds good to me, but my car is down again...

sounds good to me, this may be tough to coordinate...I guess whoever happens to read about dinner is welcome to join us..

i would but def to short notice for me too, gotta get ready for a trip NY this weekend, so i cant, as i said in my first post need at least a two weeks notice homie.

you taking the 3? Jason and I just came back from NY...if you're going to the city. Drive slow, you don't wanna **** up those fresh BC's and your new wheels.

If you plan on coming to Quaker Steak, be there at 5:00PM...we will get some food there and then make our way to Langley Speedway.

we shall see idk just yet i might come but i doubt it...

im going to Syracuse helping my boy with the GTI move, the navy can only move so much crap before he flips out about all the car stereo equipment and car parts and what not, so im hauling a bunch of crap up there with him, but hes paying for the gas... last time i was up there was during winter with my springs and it sucked ass but we shall see what happens with the BC's

oh i also found that i can go nearly an inch lower too hahahaha sorry manny love ya bro, but your 17's and coils got no chance against my 18's and coils lol... JK

although as of right now i like your stance a lot better than mine but we shall see once i get her a bit lower with some rolled fenders and some 15mm spacers on her muahhahahahahhahahaha

Im sure I could achieve moar low if I took out the perches, but I'd rather not resort to that. I'm fine with how it sits now. If anything, I will go with shorter and stiffer springs in the future. IMO, thats the proper way to do it. Your car looks damn good as is, just need them spacerzzz.

I am planning on going to the cars and coffee up in Williamsburg this Saturday. I'm meeting some folks up at the Williamsburg Outlet Mall up in Lightfoot around 7:30am. I think a few of the mazda owners from the other forum are planning on meeting there before heading out to the C and C.

Yea we have a list going on MSF right now so i Guess if there is anyone here in VAB/Norfolk that would like to meet in Norfolk then meet some other guys in Hampton then Cruise on up put your name and repost. havent got a time or meeting place yet but that will come by Thursday.

1. Jonespm

Good to hear you're staying down here man! Been thinking of a few ideas now that the weather is getting warmer.

Places and Things:
Oceanfront Beach Day
Mt. Trashmore
Dick's Parking Garage (now that NO ONE goes up there :p)
First Landing Park
Red Wing Park
Ocean View
Pungo cruise
Richmond?
Neptune Festival
ECSC
Bay Days
etc.

Food:
BWW
Hooters
Doumar's
CP Shuckers
Starbucks

Ocassionly a Mustang group will meet up at the Al's Hot dogs on military next to Home Depot. We could do the lot there it's huge. Then hit Hooters across the steet or take a run down to Ocean View to Thirsty Camel or Greenies??

Back