Half-Life 2 Vs. Doom 3...Vs. the Witch King

Installshield 2

Gothenburg Superiority
Half-Life 2 Vs. Doom 3

Half-Life 2...

end of story...Doom 3 sucks, and HL 2 shows it even more...

Last edited:
totally agree. Doom3 was a huge disappointment an I barely wanted to even finish the game it was that bad

I've finished hl2 almost 3 times now, and I'm enjoying the multiplayer as well. I tried the d3 muliplayer once and turned it off. I have never played through another game more then once besides hl1 and hl2. I think that says something.

hl2 is just pure fun, and it just happens to look really good.

I don't give a s*** about Quake 4. haven't even read up on it. I don't know how many more muliplayer deathmatch, catch the flag type ******* games we need in this world. I'm assuming Quake4 is just Quake 3 with new gfx?

The only muliplayer I do enjoy a lot is Co-op. There's not enough Co-op games out there whether it be a splitscreen or over a lan.

Yeah man...Not sure why that stayed...My step brother got on here and made the thread to begin with...and it was awful, so I edited it, but it didn't change the witch king thing...I am not even sure why the hell he put the whole Return of the King thing in here...that is a whole other level of awesomeness...

But yeah, I have just been running my laptop into my stereo at my apartment, rather than my computer speakers...the reciever decodes the stereo speaker output from the computer into a type of synthetic DTS...so basically turns it into 5.1 pretty affectively...But hands down the best sounding game ever...

In Doom3's credit, I would say that some of the graphics are a little better in spots...the heat waving and blurring was pretty crazy, as well as the decaling when bullets would hit a body...it actually looked like a hole, rather than the HL 2 blood stain...But the HL 2 environments are so much better, and the graphics are 99% of the time as good or better...the physics are better, and the decaling on walls and objects are better than Doom 3's dark burns...Doom 3 didn't have water from what I remember, but HL 2's kicks ass...

But that s*** isn't even important...Its how the sound, the graphics, the framerate and everything else works together...the level design is perfect with everything from small rooms with fighting to driving a kick ass buggy around beaches and blown out roads (which apperantly appears to be front wheel drive???)...where as D3 its the same s*** every damn level...nothing new...as well as with the weapons...not a single gun that hasn't been used before...unacceptable....ID loses this one...HL 2 wins that battle IMO...

I enjoyed both, but the update to CS is what really made HL2 more worth the money to me.

I say doom 3 is worth it if you have a killer gaming rig. It'd probably suck on a mediocre computer.

Yeah like Newf said...I remember both of us talking about this when it first came out...We were both like an hour into it, and saying "Its been ok so far, but it better get more interesting real quick".........................................................................................8 hours later it never did...and it was over...

and also that is all Doom 3 has to offer...pretty graphics...everything else is the same...same guns...the first couple scares are new...which last for the first 10 minutes after everyone gets mind ******...(the first 20 minutes I played it I truely thought it would be the greatest video game ever made)...but it just stayed the same...the only interesting thing after the first half hour is 5 hours later when you get to go through the portal into "hell" or whatever...and blocks and s*** float upwards into the ceilings, and there are spirals of souls screaming and moving around...thats cool...nothing else though...

Half Life 2 is so much better...I am sure most of you finished it already, but I still will refrain from giving too much away...But as soon as you start to control Gordon at Insertion, you know its better...maybe not quite as graphically impressive (except for peoples faces, which is the best ever)...but not throwing a bottle away, and then getting chased by a guard around the precinct thing was awesome...and there is LIGHT...which may make it a little easier, but so what...you can actually see what is going on...No more being frustrated that your dumbass marine lacks the cognitive capacity to hold a ******* gun with one hand, and a flashlight with the other...and if the gun is too heavy for one hand, you ******* find some duct tape...you don't wonder around in the dark when hell is around you...

Back