H&R Coilover suspension

VinnieBeachbum said:
Hey has anyone did the H&R coilovers for thier MS6 yet? I just ordered them and am putting them on this week.

I am looking into Suspension now and I am just about to order the H&R coilovers... I have alot of AutoExe products on order.. but kinda want more than the 30 mm / 1.25" or so drop that you get with the AutoExe Springs.... At least with the H&R coilovers you can set them to the height you want... I really want to get rid of that awful wheel well gap... YUCK!!
can you let me know how it works out when you get them?? where did you get them? how much were they? did you order anything else with them / adjustable camber / sway bars / etc...
can you get me some pics when it's done?? How low are you going to set them?
ttys,
Bill

i planned on getting the h&r's over winter time this year, but the tein's seem a better deal almost as their dampening adjustable for just a bit more $$$

According to H&R, their new coilovers were actually designed on fitted on a MPS, so that is more than 90% of other suspension companies can claim...

so the H&R coilovers shocks aren't adjustable other than height adjusting? what would be recommended just for comfortable shocks with a lil bit of performance improvement? tein SS? for the ms6

if your looking for comfort then tein basics maybe. cheapest of the bunch i believe. ss's are more race oriented as their dampening adjustable.

RevLimitLaunch said:
if your looking for comfort then tein basics maybe. cheapest of the bunch i believe. ss's are more race oriented as their dampening adjustable.

has there been any problems with the basics? IIRC i read somewhere that the tein rear shocks blue out quickly? i'm not sure.. but for me i wont be auto Xing i but i do wanna be able to adjust the dampening

VinnieBeachbum said:
Hey has anyone did the H&R coilovers for thier MS6 yet? I just ordered them and am putting them on this week.
Make sure you tell us about the result . . . how the install went . . . how low did you go (with pics of course!) . . . performance evaluation . . . all that good stuff.

cheers

Install yet???

VinnieBeachbum said:

Hey,
Did you get a chance to install them yet???

AGAIN!Please do not advertise other than approved vendor items.

Last edited by a moderator:
07mazdaspeed6 said:
Hey,
Did you get a chance to install them yet???

AGAIN!Please do not advertise other than approved vendor items.

Yah I JUST got them installed. But I am on the work computer right now. Install was breeze for the coilovers in front. But the shocks in back were a friggin nightmare. If anyone else has some insight on those. I got them installed. But I need to go back through and make sure everything is honky dori back there. The ride is great so far. I have to give it time to settle. Then getting it aligned. The ride height is adjustable and nice. So far I love it. I haven't adjusted the rear ones down yet. Can't wait to get time to myself. Frickin duty days for the NAVY. 24 hours of being on the ship and havin to listen to phone calls every 2 minutes. Any other question just pm me.

Its a bit harsher, but not by much . . . it's worth it though.

sweet, i'm assuming the body roll is under control now? i'm planning on just dropping it an inch or so, just to close the gap, i like the damper settings of the stock shocks, are the h and r adjustable or then just height?

sweet, i'm assuming the body roll is under control now?
It is improved, however if you want to really improve body-roll. . . get some big honkin' anti-sway bars.
...i'm planning on just dropping it an inch or so, just to close the gap
sweet . . . I dropped mine 1-7/8" . . . and lovin' it!
...i like the damper settings of the stock shocks, are the h and r adjustable or then just height?
nope . . . only height adjustable.

enjoy

Attachments

• DSCN2737.JPG
    DSCN2737.JPG
    298.1 KB · Views: 155
  • DSCN2731.JPG
    DSCN2731.JPG
    377.2 KB · Views: 190
Back