GTX2863R New disco

gangstagangsta

nutturner
:
03 MSP Black Mica #913
Anyone had any luck with this turbo? It runs the same compressor and turbine housings and flanges are the same. I searched the forums and found only old Potato threads. Is anyone currently or has previously run this turbo on the MSP? It is suppose to output more CFM with the same, if not better, response time of the older Gt2863R. More air same lag, seems like a win win. I am really trying talk myself into getting it and could use your advice.
http://turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/turbocharger (for more information)

I think a lot of people have moved away from the GT28 series turbos and are either going custom with bigger T3 turbos or if they're staying with T2 flange setups they have bigger plans that require GT30 level outputs.

But from what I've read the GTX series are super badass, I'm just not sure if they're worth the extra cost over the already impressive ball bearing GT28Rs.

But from what I've read the GTX series are super badass, I'm just not sure if they're worth the extra cost over the already impressive ball bearing GT28Rs.

This is my problem! I can get a GTX series for $350 more than the GT series but is it worth it?

I heard the gtx is sick. It flows better and way less leg. I say if you can afford it go for it.

I recently bought a gt3071r with the t25 modified housing and wheel. I was thinking about get the gtx28 till i saw the gt3071r flows alittle more then the GTX28r line and it will still fit the t25 flange. i havent had a chance to put it on im waiting to get haltech and clutch and do it all at the same time.

edit: this is the beast, i went with the 90trim turbine wheel and i got it BNIB for ALOT less then that or what a gtx would be.
http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchan...tp&Product_Code=GRT-TBO-026&Category_Code=GRT

Last edited:
I ended up getting a great deal on a GT2860RS so I will save some money for the GTX and install it at a later time. At least this way I can give a good comparison of both.

Back