GT SPEC 4-pt ladder bar and aftermarket downpipes?

Scott

:
Nissan Cube/Honda Ruckus
It is my understanding that if I install the GT SPEC 4 point ladder bar, some aftermarket downpipes will not fit. So far, I've heard that the Apex downpipe defenitely will not work, any others? Which ones WILL work.

Also, the Corksport site says that you can't use the Kartboy exhaust hangers with the ladder bar. Is this also correct?

From what I read, it seems that you cant use it with the protosport DP, and Apex DP, and if thats the case I dont know if it would work with a 3" GHL, or ION, and other 3" exhausts.

I have the GTSpec 4 point ladder bar with the Apex 2.5" DP and Kartboy exhaust hangers. It is very tight, but it does fit.

any rattling? if it's tight without any torquing, then unless you're exhaust is really stiff (KB hangers probably do it), it'll move and rattle.

Concept MSP said:
I have the GTSpec 4 point ladder bar with the Apex 2.5" DP and Kartboy exhaust hangers. It is very tight, but it does fit.

So what if you have the stock 2.25" DP and kartboy exhaust hangers? Is it going to work or no? Corksport says that it wouldn't fit and then changed it to say that it fits on 01+ models only. Exactly how "tight" is tight?

Hmmm, I'll have to look for some pics. I have custom DP-back 3" and I'd like to get some GT-SPEC braces sometime.

You could always put in some extra washers and possibly longer bolts to move the ladder bar down a bit to clear the exhaust.

Back