GT-R vs. BMW x3 comparison

I*ve told you once, and I*ve told you again, you*re a smart man! My ole girl is the same way...

This guy rolled negative equity into his GTR from 3 cars ago, and he wants to talk affordability...Lmao, you can*t make this stuff up around here...

Yes, it didn't really affect me to do it. Had the extra $200/mo I pay for my GTR over my 2015 Touring been upsetting to me, it would have been a rather bad move. Also factor I had over 100k miles and no warranty, on the 2015.

That said, I sometimes wish Id kept my 2015 because Id have it paid off in a few years, but the fsct that I viewed it as a liability is what spurred me to purchase. The difference from a new Touring to GTR was absolutely insignificant, and had it been, Id have rolled the dice keeping my 2015.

Bottom line: if less than 100 a mo will upset your budget....buying a new car is not the thing to do. Do I always do the best thing? Nope! Freely admit it, lol, but choosing a new gtr over a new touring was not a bad thing.

Last edited:
Agree. For me I had a ceiling of $25,000 /- for a new car that too because the significant other wanted to have new.
If I were buying right now, used in the 15-18K range. It is shocking the number of options you get at that price range.
S80, Azera, MKZ Hybrid, Accord Hybrid, Avalon Hybrid, CT200h, ES300h, Fusion, Taurus - eco hybrids, V6, turbos you name it. All of these will run 200K miles happily with the exception of S80 which I haven't researched much. Even if I get 20% off a GT Mazda6, never going to have a chance against some of these cars in terms of value for money.

No argument there, but we were talking new cx5s. I bought a 2015 touring, and would have been so much happier these last 4 years if id bought the GT with tech. Sometimes saving a little money is expensive...

When it comes to SUV models, most people prefer Jeeps other than any models. People often fell into a dilemma about which one to buy. So to make it easy for you, we have written a guide about Jeep Grand Cherokee Vs BMW x5. Check it out.
What a load of BS. How much is Jeep paying you to troll here? And who is "we"?

Last edited by a moderator:
As a former BMW owner, I had lots of loaners from the dealer while my car was being serviced. Most of these were 3-series or X3's. I think I got a 4-series once. To me, the 3's were "Meh", lacking any soul. All of the 4-cyl BMWs I've driven had lots of lag when not in Sport mode. In Sport mode they did better. I really like the low-end responsiveness of the CX-5 Turbo, although it does seem to come at the expense of MPG. The BMWs did better at higher RPMs.

Can't say much about 4 cylinder BMW's but my brother had the twin turbo inline 6. The AWD system in that car was fantastic. Never even a hint of torque steer or wheel spin. In the rain and on dry roads, that thing just went and went fast.

Unfortunately, the reliability of that car was terrible and he got way too many speeding tickets. Traded it in for a ... Mazda 3 2.5T.

Last edited:
Owned a 09' X3 2.5si. It was the fastest SUV and best handling SUV ive owned but it was stupid expensive to maintain and i let it go. Owned a 4runner for some years and was ready to downsize and thought about the CX 5 as a possible replacement for all the things i loved about my X3. So rented one for 3 days and road tripped to see the family and completely dug the CUV. So once home i sold the 4runner and bought a 20' touring AWD.

Back